Author Topic: US immigration backlog reaches new record of 3 million pending cases: report  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

US immigration backlog reaches new record of 3 million pending cases: report
© Provided by FOX News

The Immigration Court backlog in the U.S. surpassed three million pending cases last month amid a continued crisis at the Southern Border.

The three million pending cases reported in November include one million that were added within the previous 12 months, according to a report from the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse at Syracuse University.

Immigration judges currently average 4,500 pending cases each, TRAC reported.

"Previous administrations — all the way back through at least the George W. Bush administration — have failed when they tried to tackle the seemingly intractable problem of the Immigration Court 'backlog.' Recently, however, the accelerating growth in the Court's backlog has transformed the problem into an even more daunting challenge," TRAC's report noted.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-immigration-backlog-reaches-new-record-of-3-million-pending-cases-report/ar-AA1lILn1?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=9b983df9353e424c81171cbd23dd8837&ei=151
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson