Author Topic: Nikki Haley goes after Ron DeSantis with new force in Iowa  (Read 195 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Nikki Haley goes after Ron DeSantis with new force in Iowa
« on: December 18, 2023, 09:04:02 pm »
I'd say unfortunately, DeSantis' campaign is in trouble.  His chief strategist just resigned and Haley wasted no time in going after him. She isn't being entirely truthful, but nonetheless, she's within striking distance of winning both IA and NH. If  DeSantis loses IA it's over for him.

Nikki Haley goes after Ron DeSantis with new force in Iowa

Nikki Haley went after Ron DeSantis directly at an Iowa town hall Sunday night, as the two battle for second in the GOP presidential contest's early states.

“While Ron is lying about me, I’m going to tell you the truth about him,” she told the crowd at the Fireside Grill in Altoona. “You haven’t heard me in any town halls -- the press can tell you -- I have not talked negatively about anybody. But if you’ve got to lie to win, you don’t deserve to win.”

The feud between Haley and DeSantis, both trailing former President Donald Trump by double digits in most polls of Iowa and other states, has been escalating for weeks. Both want to position themselves as the main alternative to Trump in the GOP presidential race.

But what was notable about this 90-second attack aimed at DeSantis is that Haley did it at the end of her standard stump speech. While DeSantis comes up in response to questions thrown at Haley, she rarely attacks him directly, and her stump speech has remained largely unchanged for the bulk of the campaign.

Haley's Sunday comments began with a reference to pro-DeSantis ads.

“I am seeing the ads that you are seeing on TV,” she said. “Ron DeSantis has not put one truthful ad up there about me.”

Super PACs boosting each candidate have flung attacks both ways in recent months on issues like ties to China and support for Israel, amid the ongoing war in the Middle East.................

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/nikki-haley-goes-ron-desantis-new-force-iowa-rcna130185
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Nikki Haley goes after Ron DeSantis with new force in Iowa
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2023, 11:20:26 pm »
Thomas Massie
@RepThomasMassie
Nikki Haley is a brunette Liz Cheney.
She hates free speech as much as she loves war and foreign aid.
8:05 AM · Dec 18, 2023

:yowsa:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Nikki Haley goes after Ron DeSantis with new force in Iowa
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2023, 11:22:29 pm »
Thomas Massie
@RepThomasMassie
Nikki Haley is a brunette Liz Cheney.
She hates free speech as much as she loves war and foreign aid.
8:05 AM · Dec 18, 2023

:yowsa:

She's the chosen establishment candidate and folks are going to vote for her over Trump.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.