Author Topic: Top DeSantis Super PAC Strategist Departs as Campaign Creeps Closer to Collapse  (Read 397 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Top DeSantis Super PAC Strategist Departs as Campaign Creeps Closer to Collapse

Bradley Jaye 17 Dec 2023

Jeff Roe, longtime Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) consultant and chief architect of his flailing political operation, resigned Saturday from the super PAC charged with realizing the governor’s increasingly quixotic presidential aspirations.

Roe announced his departure hours after a damning Washington Post report on the collapse of Never Back Down (NBD), the super PAC Roe conceptualized to send DeSantis to the White House and usher in a new era of super PAC-driven presidential campaigns.

“I cannot in good conscience stay affiliated with Never Back Down given the statements in the Washington Post today,” a statement from Roe read. “They are not true and an unwanted distraction at a critical time for Governor DeSantis.”

The Post report comes after five senior officials, pre-dating Roe’s departure, left NBD since late November and three others with Roe’s firm were fired. The Post writes of the dysfunction:

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/12/17/top-desantis-super-pac-strategist-departs-campaign-creeps-closer-collapse/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
DeSantis has run a shaky campaign.

Ron DeSantis’ super PAC loses its top strategist in latest sign of turmoil

The uneasy relationship between Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ campaign and the key strategist at his deep-pocketed super PAC came to an end Saturday night.

“I cannot in good conscience stay affiliated with Never Back Down given the statements in the Washington Post today,” the strategist, Jeff Roe, said in a statement posted to X. “They are not true and an unwanted distraction at a critical time for Governor DeSantis.”

His decision was first reported by The Washington Post, which published an extensive story on the long-running tensions between DeSantis’ campaign team and the super PAC earlier in the day.

“Roe has delivered stunning victories in the past but this doesn’t seem to be his time,” DeSantis donor Dan Eberhart said. “Gov. DeSantis wants to head into the final stretch with his loyalists, not necessarily nationally known operatives with presidential campaign experience per se.”

The writing had been on the wall for some time as people close to DeSantis took more control of the super PAC in recent weeks and dismissed several of Roe’s lieutenants.

In the past month or so, Never Back Down has had three CEOs. Including Roe, four top officials have resigned, and three others, according to The Washington Post, were fired...............

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/ron-desantis-super-pac-never-back-down-jeff-roe-top-strategist-rcna130126
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mr. DeSantis has had as much luck in his campaign, as did another popular Republican governor several years' back: Scott Walker. Mr. Walker looked great as a governor, but as a potential presidential candidate, not so much.

There is always 2028...

Offline LMAO

Mr. DeSantis has had as much luck in his campaign, as did another popular Republican governor several years' back: Scott Walker. Mr. Walker looked great as a governor, but as a potential presidential candidate, not so much.

There is always 2028...

Yup
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Yup

He's one heck of a governor, but I don't see him making a presidential run again.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LMAO

He's one heck of a governor, but I don't see him making a presidential run again.

No

Trump will probably be the nominee and the Democrats will hold the WH and may take the House or shrink the GOP majority

The Senate is a possible bright spot. It's imperative that the Federal government remains divided after next year
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy