Author Topic: A monumental failure of leadership in DC  (Read 268 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A monumental failure of leadership in DC
« on: December 17, 2023, 11:45:01 am »

A monumental failure of leadership in DC
© Provided by Washington Examiner

Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser has spent over $5 million since 2020 building and maintaining Black Lives Matter Plaza, three blocks of 16th Street leading down to the North Portico of the White House. This costly political statement of support for a fraudulent organization has been made while the mayor's real job of running the nation's capital has been neglected. Carjackings and murder have skyrocketed on her watch.

The cost of Bowser’s misplaced priorities was underlined when the owner of the NHL's Capitals and NBA's Wizards announced that he would leave Washington and take his teams to neighboring Virginia.

But her performance after hearing the news was not encouraging.

While making an attempt to belittle the transportation options for the new Potomac Yards development, which is serviced by the Yellow and Blue Metro lines, Bowser falsely claimed that the teams’ current Metro station, Gallery Place, was serviced by “every line.” In fact, Gallery Place only has the Red, Yellow, and Green lines. The Silver, Blue, and Orange lines do not service the station. One should be able to assume that the woman who has been serving as mayor for the past eight years would have a firmer grasp on her city’s premier transportation system. But no.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-monumental-failure-of-leadership-in-dc/ar-AA1lCnyL?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=75d8b90f201745a2bd378540734a01cf&ei=39
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: A monumental failure of leadership in DC
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 10:52:35 pm »
The only way DC (the city) will ever be cleaned up will be for the Congress to take it away from black (local) control, and re-establish control over the District by the Congress (which -- for now -- remains majority white)...