Author Topic: Surge in migrant crossings overwhelms US southern border towns  (Read 148 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Surge in migrant crossings overwhelms US southern border towns
« on: December 17, 2023, 11:41:06 am »

Surge in migrant crossings overwhelms US southern border towns
© Provided by News Nation

Eagle Pass, Texas, (NewsNation) — Thousands of migrants are utilizing freight trains to reach southern Mexico, with areas like Monterrey serving as departure points, resulting in a staggering average of over 2,000 illegal crossings per day in Eagle Pass this month.

Despite efforts by the Texas National Guard, who have set up barriers with concertina wire and shipping containers, the influx persists.

Eagle Pass, situated on the U.S.-Mexico border, has become a focal point for migrant crossings, prompting authorities to deploy resources in an attempt to manage the situation.

The Texas National Guard has strategically installed anti-climb barriers, consisting of eight-foot by twelve-foot metal rectangles reinforced with concertina wire, to deter illegal border crossings.
Operation Lone Star, a multi-agency effort involving Texas Governor Greg Abbott, the Texas National Guard, and the Texas Department of Public Safety, has reported success in countering illegal immigration.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/surge-in-migrant-crossings-overwhelms-us-southern-border-towns/ar-AA1lBNyh?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=75d8b90f201745a2bd378540734a01cf&ei=21
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson