Author Topic: VIEWPOINT: Thinking Differently Critical For Air Force's Future  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
VIEWPOINT: Thinking Differently Critical For Air Force's Future
« on: December 16, 2023, 03:06:31 pm »
VIEWPOINT: Thinking Differently Critical For Air Force's Future
12/15/2023
By James Chew   

In the same week in September, I read an Air and Space Forces magazine editorial, “Build an Air Force” by Tobias Naegele, and an Automotive News story on the passing of Francois Castaing, the former vice president of engineering at Chrysler during the 1990s.

These seemingly unrelated articles served as a reminder to “think different.”

Having been saved by the Chrysler Corporation Loan Guarantee Act of 1979, the company again was facing difficult times going into the latter half of the 1980s. While the funding from the loan guarantee gave Chrysler the resources to become competitive in the domestic market, it was still far from competitive globally.

Much to his chagrin, the company’s chairman Lee Iacocca discovered that his once successful product development process, which made his former company Ford successful in the 1960s through the early 1970s, did not work as well in the late 1980s.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2023/12/15/viewpoint-thinking-differently-critical-for-air-forces-future
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: VIEWPOINT: Thinking Differently Critical For Air Force's Future
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2023, 03:07:24 pm »
Is this a subtle suggestion the AF nuke wokeness? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson