Author Topic: Bowing To Eco-Groups, Biden Plans To Shutter Dams Providing Clean Energy To Millions  (Read 139 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY THOMAS CATENACCI ON DEC 15, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Bowing To Eco-Groups, Biden Plans To Shutter Dams Providing Clean Energy To Millions

The White House, in coordination with Native American tribes and environmental groups, announced actions Thursday that provide a pathway for breaching, or removing, four hydroelectric dams in Washington state to protect salmon.

As part of the announcement, the federal government entered into a legal agreement with the Pacific Northwest tribes and environmental organizations filed earlier in the day in the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon. [emphasis, links added]

Under that agreement, the tribes and eco groups — which had sued the federal government to breach the dams forcibly — agreed to stay the litigation through 2028.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/bowing-to-eco-groups-biden-plans-to-shutter-dams-providing-clean-energy-to-millions/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson