Author Topic: New York Hotels Housing Migrants Say City Owes Them $130 Million in Unpaid Costs  (Read 172 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York Hotels Housing Migrants Say City Owes Them $130 Million in Unpaid Costs
More than one hundred hotels are waiting on payments from City Hall, according to The Hotel Association of New York City

Dan Gooding
Hotels housing hundreds of migrants in New York City say they are owed some $130 million in total, after the city failed to pay them for over two months, a group representing owners said Thursday.

The Hotel Association of New York City told ABC 7 News that 110 hotels being used to house the thousands of new arrivals are still waiting for money from city hall, with some not paid since September.

"Nobody expected it would take this long to get paid," Vijay Dandapani, the head of the Hotel Association, told the outlet.

Dandapani said frustrated hotel owners are calling the Association on a daily basis, asking when their money will come. That's in contrast to reports earlier this year that the hotel industry had been boosted by the payments.

"You will get paid," Dandapani said he tells managers and owners. "It's not a question of if, but it's a question of when."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/new-york-hotels-housing-migrants-say-city-owes-them-130-million-in-unpaid-costs/ar-AA1lyO5o?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b84b482d7a1b42d9af993815a31b0823&ei=50
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

"You will get paid," Dandapani said 

And Biden says the border is closed and secure. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson