Author Topic: Abbott's Lone Star Operation: Nearly 500,000 Immigrants Apprehended  (Read 168 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Abbott's Lone Star Operation: Nearly 500,000 Immigrants Apprehended
Story by GistFest  •
1d

Newly released data from Governor Greg Abbott indicates that his initiative, Operation Lone Star, has resulted in the capture of over 488,500 illegal immigrants at the southern border. The operation was launched in 2021.

Abbott announced on social media that Texas law enforcement has seized over 450 million doses of fentanyl. That is, in addition to apprehending migrants.

“Texas is holding the line,” he wrote.

The Texas governor has implemented measures to reduce illegal migration into the state. One action involved installing a 1,000-foot-long string of 4-foot-wide orange spherical buoys in the Rio Grande in Eagle Pass, Texas.

However, a federal appeals court recently upheld a lower court ruling directing Texas to remove the buoys. The court found that the state had violated laws governing navigable waterways by placing the barriers along the U.S.-Mexico border.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/abbott-s-lone-star-operation-nearly-500-000-immigrants-apprehended/ar-AA1lvryl?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=e7ff43ddd8ea460f92cfa59bf0baa5d7&ei=41
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson