Author Topic: Senate Democrats at odds with Schumer over border talks: 'Terribly mistaken'  (Read 299 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Democrats at odds with Schumer over border talks: 'Terribly mistaken'
Officials continued negotiations on Friday as progressives balk at tightening border security
By Jamie Joseph Fox News
Published December 15, 2023 12:19pm EST

Some progressive Democrats are at odds with Sen. Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., over the ongoing negotiations that aim to add stricter border policy provisions in the national supplemental package.

On Friday, White House officials, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Ct., Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, I-Ariz., Sen. James Lankford, R-Okla., and aides to Schumer and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., met in the Capitol for the second time this week to continue negotiations.

But the discussions are not sitting well with several Democratic senators, who worry that their party will make too many concessions to Republican demands for policy changes.

"If [Schumer] thinks he can send us home for the weekend, quietly cave to Republicans’ anti-immigrant demands while nobody is watching, and then ambush Democrats expecting us to vote yes with a smile, he is TERRIBLY MISTAKEN," Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J., — who is facing federal bribery charges — wrote on X on Thursday.

"[Schumer]and those Democrats who are contemplating these proposals need to understand that these Trumpian policies will do nothing to address our challenges at the border and will only exacerbate the problem. Immigration advocates should speak up — HELL NO is the message," he continued.

Sen. Alex Padilla, D-Calif., told Axios that what Democrats are hearing "is very concerning."

Former House Rep. Beto O'Rourke, who is now running for governor of Texas, said on X: "If Democrats agree to these failed Trump immigration policies" it will cause increased crossing attempts, more migrant deaths and "depressed enthusiasm from progressive voters."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-democrats-odds-schumer-over-border-talks-terribly-mistaken
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Senate Dems, if you want your F'ing Ukraine money and Israel money from the House, you must secure Biden's Open Border.

End Of Story
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online LMAO

From the article….

"[Schumer]and those Democrats who are contemplating these proposals need to understand that these Trumpian policies will do nothing to address our challenges at the border and will only exacerbate the problem. Immigration advocates should speak up — HELL NO is the message," he continued.

Sen. Alex Padilla, D-Calif., told Axios that what Democrats are hearing "is very concerning."

Former House Rep. Beto O'Rourke, who is now running for governor of Texas, said on X: "If Democrats agree to these failed Trump immigration policies" it will cause increased crossing attempts, more migrant deaths and "depressed enthusiasm from progressive voters."

Are they serious?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

For Dem Senators having trouble reading the room and reading the audience, let us clarify for you:

From the article….

Are they serious?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online LMAO

And no amnesty

We fell for that back in the late 1980’s
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Nacho is running for TX Gov?  Damn I hadn't heard that.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.