Author Topic: While America is betting on renewables, a global expansion is underway for nuclear-generated electri  (Read 161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
While America is betting on renewables, a global expansion is underway for nuclear-generated electricity

Sweden, China, India, Russia and other countries are changing their energy policies from fluctuating electricity from renewable energy sources to fossil-free electricity from nuclear power that is continuous and uninterrupted.

By Ronald Stein.

U.S. political leaders such as President Joe Biden and California Governor Gavin Newsom continue to "dream the impossible dream" that intermittent electricity from wind and solar can run the world, while countries such as Sweden, China, India, and Russia are changing from fluctuating electricity from renewables to electricity from nuclear power that is continuous, uninterrupted, and fossil-free.

Regarding reliable electricity, Sweden has said that their electricity policy goal "has changed from 100% renewable to 100% fossil-free" . The Swedish government has unveiled a roadmap that envisages the construction of new nuclear generation capacity equivalent to at least two large-scale reactors by 2035. Sweden is planning a "massive" expansion of new nuclear-generated electricity by 2045.

The Swedish agreement also said that the necessary regulations should be developed to create the conditions for the construction and operation of small modular reactors (SMRs) to serve smaller communities. In addition, the licensing process for nuclear power plants must be shortened.

https://www.climategate.nl/2023/12/terwijl-amerika-hernieuwbare-energiebronnen-nastreeft-is-er-een-wereldwijde-expansie-aan-de-gang-voor-nucleair-opgewekte-elektriciteit/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson