Author Topic: Israel’s F-35I Combat Experience Is Providing Lessons For Future Pacific Fight  (Read 186 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Israel’s F-35I Combat Experience Is Providing Lessons For Future Pacific Fight
Israel’s ability to keep the vast majority of its F-35s flying during high-tempo operations against Hamas is opening eyes in the Pentagon.

BY
HOWARD ALTMAN, TYLER ROGOWAY
|
PUBLISHED DEC 13, 2023 6:47 PM EST

Israel’s ability to sustain its fleet of F-35I Adir stealth fighters during combat operations against Hamas is providing important lessons for the United States, especially in terms of potentially fighting a conflict the Pacific, Pentagon officials said during testimony before Congress Tuesday.

U.S. military's concerns over sustaining its F-35 Joint Strike Fighters through the so-called 'just-in-time' logistics model that underpins the program, especially during a time of war, have risen dramatically as we noted in April. Overall, U.S. F-35s still struggle in terms of readiness, with about 55 percent of F-35s operated by the Air Force, Marines and Navy able to perform at least one of their assigned missions as of March, a report that the Government Accountability Office (GAO) also released on Tuesday states.

The news out of Israel stands in contrast to those issues. It highlights enhanced U.S. support, but also Israel’s initiative to create its own sustainment and aircraft improvement system that has enabled it to avoid problems experienced by the American military.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/israels-f-35i-combat-experience-is-providing-lessons-for-future-pacific-fight
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I have top secret information that the US and Israeli militaries don't want the bad guys to know:  keep the aircraft airworthy and combat ready! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Good luck sustaining just-in-time logistics in a war zone during a conflict.

Just-in-time logistics is an efficient inventory management system during peace time as long as many things outside your control cooperate.

In a war zone, during a conflict, rapid repair turnaround can become a competitive advantage over the enemy.

Covid19 shot many just-in-time logistics networks to hell.

Supply chain resiliency and security requires multi-sourcing inputs across geographically and politically distributed sources.

Just-in-time logistics makes for great Powerpoint slides at the Pentagon and in-Congress because it delays incurring acquisition costs against existing budgets.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.