Author Topic: Dozens Of GOP Senators Voted With Dems To Extend FBI Warrantless Surveillance Program  (Read 887 times)

Offline libertybele

Dozens Of GOP Senators Voted With Dems To Extend FBI Warrantless Surveillance Program

A total of 32 Republican senators voted with 33 Democrats to pass Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) through the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) on Wednesday, according to a tally.

If six of them had opposed a point of order against the NDAA, then FISA — a tool that intelligence officials have allegedly abused to surveil Americans — would not have passed, potentially expiring at the end of December. FISA has come under intense scrutiny amid allegations that the FBI has repeatedly abused it as it enables intelligence officials to surveil Americans without obtaining a warrant.

Only 17 Republicans voted for Republican Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul’s attempt to remove the four-month extension for FISA, according to the tally.

Two bills to reform FISA had been expected to come to the House floor for a competing vote on Tuesday, but Republicans battled over it, leading to a cancellation late on Monday, The New York Times reported. As a result, FISA is currently passing with no reform and the bills probably will not face a vote until 2024.........

https://www.conservativereview.com/dozens-of-gop-senators-voted-with-dems-to-extend-fbi-warrantless-surveillance-program-2666583785.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

They are reprehensible.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline American Girl

READ IT AND WEEP!!!

The Republican Party hates their voters. They’re useless losers, all of them.

It isn't going to get any better... Dear Lord, we need Trump more than ever!!!!
https://www.rightjournalism.com/here-are-the-lists-of-the-us-senators-and-the-147-house-gop-members-who-voted-yes-on-the-ndaa-without-removing-funding-for-the-unconstitutional-fisa-courts/

Offline LMAO

Oh my!!!!

Lookee here!!!!

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/19/trump-surveillance-extension-351136

The legislation imposes only modest tweaks to the sweeping warrantless programs that intercept the digital traffic of foreign targets but also incidentally hoover up the personal information on an unknown number of Americans.

The measure passed over the opposition of privacy-minded Democrats and libertarian Republicans, who joined forces to argue that the 702 spying tools allow the government to conduct warrant-free searches on Americans.

Guess what president signed to re-authorize it during his tenure?

@American Girl
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 07:20:07 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

Any extension of government power will always be abuse

Let’s do with this what Reagan did with the “Fairness Doctrine.”

He didn’t tweak it.  He didn’t amend it. He didn’t improve it. He got rid of it.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 06:18:30 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

The article didn't mention who the GOP Senators are.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
They are reprehensible.

@mountaineer  @Bigun

Could it be possible that they were shown highly classifi....er, forget it!  :bolt:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mrclose

The article didn't mention who the GOP Senators are.

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline bilo

I guess it's some conciliation that I am moving to a congressional district where the Congressman did not vote for this garbage.

However, one of my new Senators did vote for it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 06:37:59 pm by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline LMAO

So, according to @American Girl, off with their heads to Republicans who voted to reauthorize this

But we need Trump more than ever who signed to reauthorize the law while president

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 07:19:22 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

It appears neither of my Senators voted Yea

Disappointed to see Ted Cruz on the list

Barry Goldwater

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

@LMAO

So, let's discuss.

What would Ted Cruz say in defense of his "YES" vote?

Is it just a simple matter that they CANNOT eliminate/abandon the technology they have in-hand today.

And less of a job would be considered half-assed.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@mountaineer  @Bigun

Could it be possible that they were shown highly classifi....er, forget it!  :bolt:

I strongly suspect they were "assured" that the program would be properly administered in the future which, as you well know, isn't worth spit! @DCPatriot
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 06:56:33 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

So, let's discuss.

What would Ted Cruz say in defense of his "YES" vote?

Is it just a simple matter that they CANNOT eliminate/abandon the technology they have in-hand today.

And less of a job would be considered half-assed.   :shrug:

He himself would have to explain his reasoning

Barry Goldwater

Offline corbe

The 2 Texas Senators (Cornyn, Cruz) rarely vote in Unisom, it seems.  I notice a couple of other Conservative leaning Senators on that list. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

My establishment GOP senator voted with the majority.  :nono:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
These guys give the Feddies blank checks to use and abuse the rules, then stand up beating their chest and boilerplating how we must do this to protect our national security and the American people.

All the while not wanting to recognize that the Constitution is being hollowed out by this kind of legislation and and instead of protecting is driving us to a gestapo police state.

At what point exactly have we destroyed to very village we are trying to save?
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

Offline libertybele

Same here-- though the vote roll count doesn't indicate what they voted for -- that is why I asked for the link.

Offline mountaineer

Offline libertybele

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
We now know what Ted Cruz got for his vote.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 02:54:57 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Cruz, Cotton, and Lankford are suprises, and pretty much flipped us off on this one.

And from @Bigun 's graphic, it seems Teddy is doing some fine pork barrel election year stuff at taxpayer expense.  /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.