Author Topic: Female soldier graduates Army's sniper school in historic first  (Read 498 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Female soldier graduates Army's sniper school in historic first
« on: December 14, 2023, 02:30:31 pm »
Good for her!  happy77

Female soldier graduates Army's sniper school in historic first

A soldier made history by becoming the first active duty female to pass the Army's sniper school and qualify for service in the elite role.

U.S. Army Sgt. Maciel Hay, who serves as a cavalry scout with the 173rd Airborne Brigade, passed the Army's sniper course last month at Fort Moore, Georgia, according to a brigade release. Her accomplishment marked the first time an active duty female had passed the rigorous course, coming after a National Guardsman from Montana became the first woman overall to earn the elite qualification.

"My nickname growing up was 'Sniper,'" Hay said, according to the release.

Her desire to live out that nickname led her to the Army, where she made it through basic training while qualifying as an expert on the M4 rifle. She then passed through the Army's Airborne School, serving with the 173rd before finally getting her opportunity to attend sniper school...............

https://www.foxnews.com/us/female-soldier-graduates-armys-sniper-school-historic-first
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 02:33:06 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: Female soldier graduates Army's sniper school in historic first
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2023, 03:48:54 pm »
 *****rollingeyes*****
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online berdie

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2023, 10:48:11 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2023, 05:23:58 am »

Girls can shoot. Trust me. :laugh:

@berdie

Yeah,but there is a hell of a lot more to being a sniper than pulling a trigger,and most of it requires strength and endurance. Don't forget,snipers are pretty much "out there on their own",and have to carry everything they might  need on their backs. Things like Claymore mines,grenades,listening devices,a very heavy scoped rifle,a rucksack with  extra ammo,food,water,dry socks,etc,etc,etc.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2023, 01:16:53 pm »

Girls can shoot. Trust me. :laugh:
It's not about them being able to shoot. It's the constant drumbeat of "historic", "women can do anything a man can do" social engineering.
Most times, these stories are promoted as "equality" and then it comes out that there were some "compromises" in the training that allowed them to achieve.
Pardon my cynicism...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2023, 09:42:13 pm »
It's not about them being able to shoot. It's the constant drumbeat of "historic", "women can do anything a man can do" social engineering.
Most times, these stories are promoted as "equality" and then it comes out that there were some "compromises" in the training that allowed them to achieve.
Pardon my cynicism...

@SZonian

I saw no cynicism,only truth.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!