Author Topic: 'Policing for Profit': FBI Sued for Seizing $86 Million from Individuals Never Charged with a Crime  (Read 234 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

'Policing for Profit': FBI Sued for Seizing $86 Million from Individuals Never Charged with a Crime
Story by Warner Todd Huston  •
21h

Federal judges in California are set to decide whether the FBI illegally confiscated millions of dollars in cash and merchandise during a 2021 raid on a secure storage business even though none of the people who lost their assets to the bureau was ever charged with a crime.

At the time, the FBI was investigating a Beverly Hills-based safety storage company called U.S. Private Vaults that was suspected of laundering drug money, according to Fox News. As part of that operation, the bureau raided the company’s safety deposit box facility.

During that raid, agents broke into every box -- no matter who was renting it -- and confiscated all the money and property found therein, whether they ended up connected to any drug dealers or not.

Furthermore, not one of the customers of the safety deposit facility was ever charged with a crime. Yet the bureau kept all their money under the oft-abused "civil asset forfeiture" rules.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/policing-for-profit-fbi-sued-for-seizing-86-million-from-individuals-never-charged-with-a-crime/ar-AA1lpkTL?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=cf0730513d924e63b63d4155a498dc0d&ei=116
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ScottinVA

Those f***ing robber barons are nothing more than a criminal gang on the government payroll. Every single one of those thieving bastards belongs at the end of a rope.

Offline DB

And Trump's AG championed civil asset forfeitures.

It is severe violence to the constitution.