Author Topic: US Army to equip its Apache with Spike NLOS missiles  (Read 169 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Army to equip its Apache with Spike NLOS missiles
« on: December 13, 2023, 03:32:47 pm »
US Army to equip its Apache with Spike NLOS missiles
NEWSARMYPRESS RELEASES
By
Colton Jones
Dec 9, 2023

Photo by Technology Development Directorate – Aviation
Lockheed Martin, in collaboration with the U.S. Army, has achieved a significant milestone by successfully firing eight Spike NLOS All Up Rounds (AURs) from the U.S. Apache Echo Model V6 attack helicopter at the Yuma Proving Ground in Arizona.

This live fire event marks the clearance of the Spike NLOS Long Range Precision Munitions Directed Requirement (LRPM DR) system for Airworthiness Release (AWR) for the U.S. Apache platform, allowing integration onto the U.S. Army’s current Apache V6 platforms.

Tom Bargnesi, program management senior manager of the Precision Strike team at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control, highlighted the readiness of the Spike NLOS for integration onto the Army’s Apache fleet, emphasizing its pivotal role in delivering precise defense capabilities.

https://defence-blog.com/us-army-to-equip-its-apache-with-spike-nlos-missiles/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson