Author Topic: F-35 Delivery Freeze Complicated By Software Doubts, Hardware Shortages  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
F-35 Delivery Freeze Complicated By Software Doubts, Hardware Shortages
Steve Trimble December 12, 2023

The head of the Pentagon F-35 Joint Program Office (JPO) said on Dec. 12 he still cannot predict when a software issue that has halted new aircraft deliveries from Lockheed Martin since July will be corrected.

The software for Technology Refresh-3 (TR-3), a $1.6 billion cockpit electronics upgrade, was supposed to be delivered before July, but continued delays caused by discoveries of unstable code during flight testing have pushed back the schedule to April-June of 2024. The JPO is refusing to accept new F-35 deliveries until the TR-3 software is fixed.

But the timing of a resolution to the software problem is complicated by the performance of Lockheed’s ground-based software laboratories, Lt. Gen. Michael Schmidt, the F-35 program executive officer, tells the House Armed Services subcommittee on tactical air and land forces.

https://aviationweek.com/defense-space/aircraft-propulsion/f-35-delivery-freeze-complicated-software-doubts-hardware
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: F-35 Delivery Freeze Complicated By Software Doubts, Hardware Shortages
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 02:45:06 pm »
Typical!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: F-35 Delivery Freeze Complicated By Software Doubts, Hardware Shortages
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2023, 02:54:17 pm »
How's that putting all your eggs in the F-35 basket working out?

////00000////

Maybe Britain can lend us some of their planes ...

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright