Author Topic: Why Trump’s dictator remarks are working for him  (Read 4702 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Why Trump’s dictator remarks are working for him
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2023, 05:10:59 pm »
The question to MAGAs would be would they be OK with Donald Trump going around the US Constitution even if they thought it would provide some benefit for them?

I think I know the answer to that… Lol

None of us expect him to "...go around the Constitution".

We expect him to take advantage of every word therein, and to follow precedent.

Only in the event of an extreme emergency would I expect otherwise...and not talking about a bullsh*t global epidemic either.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2023, 05:13:59 pm »

Only in the event of an extreme emergency would I expect otherwise...and not talking about a bullsh*t global epidemic either.    :laugh:

Fair enough

That may be your position. But  is it the position of his cult?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 06:08:46 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2023, 05:23:54 pm »
Stop your nonsense.

When asked, he responded "Only on DAY 1, when I order "DRILL...BABY DRILL!...."

Video @DCPatriot ____ https://youtu.be/dQkrWL7YuGk?si=J2qkGcKXDp7MkgGi

Full disclosure:  Trump has subsequently said " and maybe for 1/2 a day on Day 2 when I get rid of the EV mandate"  :laugh:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2023, 05:26:13 pm »
"The same Democrats who impeached President Trump twice for nonsense, indicted him four times for non-crimes, tried to bankrupt his business, illegally gagged him twice, and are using a bogus legal theory to disqualify him from state ballots are suddenly concerned about a weaponized justice system?” Davis said.

I'm a Republican who abhors the weaponization of the justice system against Trump.  But I oppose weaponization of the justice system period, so I'm also abhorred by the idea of Trump using it against Democrats.  Because in the end, that just means that we're entering a death spiral of each side using it against the other more and more blatantly whenever they are in power.  That's full-on banana republic territory.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2023, 05:28:02 pm »

I don't.  I expect him to try to go around it whenever it is to his advantage.  Even if it ultimately is stopped by a court, I don't want a President who tries to do the kind of crap he does.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2023, 05:48:42 pm »
I don't.  I expect him to try to go around it whenever it is to his advantage.  Even if it ultimately is stopped by a court, I don't want a President who tries to do the kind of crap he does.

I think him doing such will not go over well with some of his supporters

But many will probably cheer it. Such is the case with the cult of personality around Trump
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2023, 06:01:16 pm »
I think him doing such will not go over well with some of his supporters

When he advanced the ridiculous argument that he could effectively declassify documents "in his head", I didn't see very many Trump supporters disagreeing with him.  When he talks about putting opponents in jail, or using the IRS to go after people, they don't seem to care about it either.

Pretty sure that as long as he couches it in terms of MAGA goals, "we're just cleaning up the swamp" or whatever, the vast majority of them will go along with it.  Just haven't seen enough from his supporters to convince me otherwise.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2023, 06:01:48 pm »
Video @DCPatriot ____ https://youtu.be/dQkrWL7YuGk?si=J2qkGcKXDp7MkgGi

Full disclosure:  Trump has subsequently said " and maybe for 1/2 a day on Day 2 when I get rid of the EV mandate"  :laugh:

Damn it! Just KNEW somebody was going to find something...

BUT YOU????? Et tu, @Right_in_Virginia    LOL!      :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2023, 06:05:37 pm »
Damn it! Just KNEW somebody was going to find something...

BUT YOU????? Et tu, @Right_in_Virginia    LOL!      :beer:

:laugh:   888high58888

@DCPatriot

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2023, 06:15:10 pm »
I'm a Republican who abhors the weaponization of the justice system against Trump.  But I oppose weaponization of the justice system period

It's time for a reckoning for those who weaponized the whole of the federal government --- there simply isn't any more room under the Uniparty's rug to sweep the lawfare bullshit.

A reckoning for these lawbreakers isn't weaponization, it's righteous ------ and essential to our survival.

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2023, 06:22:47 pm »
It's time for a reckoning for those who weaponized the whole of the federal government --- there simply isn't any more room under the Uniparty's rug to sweep the lawfare bullshit.

A reckoning for these lawbreakers isn't weaponization, it's righteous ------ and essential to our survival.

As polls get worse for Biden, Democrats and their media allies at CNN are becoming explicit that their 2024 election strategy depends on imprisoning Trump before then.

CNN is saying Jack Smith's overarching goal is a conviction before the election:
(Video)

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1736084401279340600

Offline LMAO

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2023, 06:32:43 pm »
The only way that you stop the abuses of the federal government is to reduce the size of the federal government….period.

Trump using the federal government to enact revenge on his opponents, doesn’t end the problem because then when the next Democrat gets in, he uses the same tools and so forth and so forth

Donald Trump is not the answer. He’s already promising retribution to his opponents. And he will make sure that these agencies are well funded to carry out his retribution.

I don’t know who the answer is. I just know it’s not Donald Trump.

However, Trump also helps make his own messes, also. So there’s that

« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 06:33:34 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2023, 06:35:11 pm »
The only way that you stop the abuses of the federal government is to reduce the size of the federal government….period.

Trump using the federal government to enact revenge on his opponents, doesn’t end the problem because then when the next Democrat gets in, he uses the same tools and so forth and so forth

But he's righteous, don't ya know!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2023, 06:37:58 pm »

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2023, 06:38:34 pm »

Pretty sure that as long as he couches it in terms of MAGA goals, "we're just cleaning up the swamp" or whatever, the vast majority of them will go along with it.  Just haven't seen enough from his supporters to convince me otherwise.

Such is the cult of personality.

I expect anyone I vote for to operate within the law and Constitution. I believe Trump will, or try to, not only use the power of government against not only opponents, but anyone he doesn’t deem loyal enough should he be elected
If he wins, I hope I’m proven wrong but from what I’m seeing and hearing, I don’t think I will

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2023, 06:39:23 pm »

Barry Goldwater

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2023, 06:41:48 pm »

@Maj. Bill Martin

Please??  Describe for us, "...the kind of crap he does", that gets you riled up!!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2023, 07:33:45 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Please??  Describe for us, "...the kind of crap he does", that gets you riled up!!

Well, I'm not going to go through the effort of posting an exhaustive list of everything he's said/done with which I disagree, but here are a few off the top of my head:

1) His various comments referred to in this thread that RiV has defended/excused/explained;

2) This, from just a week or so ago:

"Under the plan I’m announcing today, we will take the billions and billions of dollars that we will collect by taxing, fining, and suing excessively large private university endowments, and we will then use that money to endow a new institution called the American Academy."

3) His attempts (reported by John Kelly and others) to have the Justice Department and IRS go after political opponents like Comey and McCabe.  And yes, I 100% credit Kelly's claim over the silence/lack of denial from Trump.

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2023, 07:35:51 pm »

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2023, 07:41:25 pm »
Such is the cult of personality.

I expect anyone I vote for to operate within the law and Constitution. I believe Trump will, or try to, not only use the power of government against not only opponents, but anyone he doesn’t deem loyal enough should he be elected

I love how proud you are to be so uninformed and politically challenged.  Bless your heart, you're becoming an inspiration to both groups.  :beer:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2023, 07:41:57 pm »
Well, I'm not going to go through the effort of posting an exhaustive list of everything he's said/done with which I disagree, but here are a few off the top of my head:

1) His various comments referred to in this thread that RiV has defended/excused/explained;

2) This, from just a week or so ago:

3) His attempts (reported by John Kelly and others) to have the Justice Department and IRS go after political opponents like Comey and McCabe.  And yes, I 100% credit Kelly's claim over the silence/lack of denial from Trump.

Here’s another

Former President Trump is coming under intense criticism for a social media post late Sunday in which he threatened to investigate Comcast, the parent company of NBCUniversal, NBC News and MSNBC, over the outlet’s coverage of him should he be elected president again.

“They are almost all dishonest and corrupt, but Comcast, with its one-side and vicious coverage by NBC NEWS, and in particular MSNBC, often and correctly referred to as MSDNC (Democrat National Committee!), should be investigated for its ‘Country Threatening Treason,” Trump wrote on his Truth Social website.

https://thehill.com/homenews/4222082-trump-blasted-threats-against-comcast-nbc/amp/

Barry Goldwater

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2023, 07:43:20 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

IMO, the answer is simple:  Trump is not a member of @Maj. Bill Martin 's beloved Uniparty.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 07:46:03 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2023, 07:46:56 pm »
I love how proud you are to be so uninformed and politically challenged.  Bless your heart, you're becoming an inspiration to both groups.  :beer:

Nah…

I just simply observe his own words. Sorry your devotion to him blinds you.

Although I don’t expect you to admit it, if these positions and statements by Trump were made by Hillary Clinton , you would be joining many of us in the condemnation of them wink777

But if Trump says them and propose them,well it’s all good. No doubts or questions ever enters your bubble.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 07:49:32 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2023, 07:49:11 pm »
Nah…

I just simply observe his own words. Sorry your devotion to him blinds you.

Although I don’t expect you to admit it, if these positions and statements by Trump were made by Hillary Clinton , you would be joining many of us in the condemnation of them wink777

Quod erat demonstrandum.