Author Topic: DeSantis Town Hall  (Read 866 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: DeSantis Town Hall
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2023, 02:10:10 am »
So far DeSantis is doing well; I'm not fond of the 'Rumble' commentary.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 02:11:39 am »
 :bkmk:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2023, 02:13:20 am »
Pool on how long before a comment on the size of the venue in comparison to Trump’s rallies or his boots
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2023, 02:14:21 am »
DeSantis on CNN - Now playing livestream:

https://www.cnn.com/
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 02:16:04 am by libertybele »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2023, 02:24:46 am »
The more I listen to DeSantis the more I like him and tonight he's very comfortable and at ease with himself.  :beer:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2023, 02:31:37 am »
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said that if he had to choose, the war between Israel and Hamas is the more critical conflict for the American people to support with tax dollars over the war in Ukraine.

Asked by an Iowa voter Tuesday night to choose which conflict was more important for funding, DeSantis said Israel is "our strongest ally in the Middle East."

He made the argument that Ukraine has "all of Europe" to support it, while claiming that Israel lacks that kind of support.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2023, 02:32:29 am »
“The first three years of the Trump administration, the economy was better than it has been, but that last year with Covid I think was mishandled dramatically. Shutting down the country was a huge mistake. Printing trillions and trillions of dollars was a huge mistake. That set the foundation for the inflation that we see," DeSantis said, adding that Biden later took office and made the problem worse.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2023, 02:33:52 am »
Responding to a question from Davis Witt, an Iowa Republican torn between DeSantis and Trump, about how he would handle the crisis at the border differently than former President Donald Trump, DeSantis said: "I am going to build the border wall."

DeSantis went on to say he believes Trump got distracted and emphasized that he thinks that building a wall would be a strong deterrence for people illegally crossing into the US from Mexico.

"So I will get the job done. The talk is cheap and I'm sick of Republicans always using this issue every election cycle to try to get donations," DeSantis said. "We are going to bring the issue to a conclusion."

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2023, 02:35:21 am »
“The first three years of the Trump administration, the economy was better than it has been, but that last year with Covid I think was mishandled dramatically. Shutting down the country was a huge mistake. Printing trillions and trillions of dollars was a huge mistake. That set the foundation for the inflation that we see," DeSantis said, adding that Biden later took office and made the problem worse.

Nailed it!!!

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2023, 02:40:03 am »
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis pledged to keep social security benefits in place for current seniors.

“You have been taxed to pay into it your whole life,” DeSantis said at a CNN town hall in Iowa. He was answering a question from Jeanne Lubavs, who is a retired engineer and an undecided Republican voter.
"“Seniors can know — a promise made is a promise kept," he said."

The Florida governor said he understands the importance of making sure seniors have benefits, especially with prices and cost of living going up.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2023, 02:47:59 am »
DeSantis has delivered victory after victory in defeating the DEMS -- that is his proven track record.  happy77

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2023, 02:52:49 am »
DeSantis comes after Trump's "flip-flopping" stance on abortion

"Was he not being honest in January of 2020? Or has he just flipped his position to now what he's saying in 2023?" DeSantis said of Trump. "I think that's a huge problem because we know people come at this from different angles ... but you should be consistent on your beliefs."

DeSantis also highlighted the pro-life protections he enacted during his time as governor.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2023, 03:04:04 am »
DeSantis claims he's the "only person running who can beat Trump one-on-one"

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said it is up to the voters to create an actual competitor against former President Donald Trump in the upcoming presidential election.

When asked by Iowa voter Jessica Dunker of the possibility of uniting with other GOP candidates to support one viable Trump rival, DeSantis said "that's what the Iowa caucus is."

"I think you guys choose who that person is," DeSantis said. "I am confident it's going to be me because heres the thing: I'm the only one running who can beat Trump one-on-one."

He claimed the other candidates in the race "cannot get enough support from core Republicans and traditional conservatives to be able to vote."

"You can't just win with a slice of the party. You got to have broad support." DeSantis said. "We'll be able to do that going forward."

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2023, 03:12:56 am »
DeSantis slams Trump's claim that his 2016 debate against Clinton was braver than a military battle

Former President Donald Trump recently suggesting that his 2016 debate performance against Hillary Clinton after the release of the Access Hollywood tape was braver than a military battle is offensive and wrong, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Tuesday.

“Debating is the bare minimum that a political candidate should do,” DeSantis, the only only veteran in the 2024 race, said. “I would note, Donald Trump has refused to debate throughout this campaign.”

Trump has opted out of presidential primary debates this election cycle, citing his overwhelming lead in the polls, which DeSantis said indicated a sense of entitlement.

“He doesn't think he owes it to Iowans. He doesn't think he owes it to Granite Staters to show up and debate and answer questions,” DeSantis said.

As he often does on the trail, DeSantis argued that Trump is a different brand of candidate today than he was in 2015 and 2016.

“Back then, he was colorful, but it was really America first about the policies. Now, a lot of it's about him,” DeSantis said.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2023, 03:35:29 am »
DeSantis slams Trump's claim that his 2016 debate against Clinton was braver than a military battle

Former President Donald Trump recently suggesting that his 2016 debate performance against Hillary Clinton after the release of the Access Hollywood tape was braver than a military battle is offensive and wrong, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Tuesday.

“Debating is the bare minimum that a political candidate should do,” DeSantis, the only only veteran in the 2024 race, said. “I would note, Donald Trump has refused to debate throughout this campaign.”

Trump has opted out of presidential primary debates this election cycle, citing his overwhelming lead in the polls, which DeSantis said indicated a sense of entitlement.

“He doesn't think he owes it to Iowans. He doesn't think he owes it to Granite Staters to show up and debate and answer questions,” DeSantis said.

As he often does on the trail, DeSantis argued that Trump is a different brand of candidate today than he was in 2015 and 2016.

“Back then, he was colorful, but it was really America first about the policies. Now, a lot of it's about him,” DeSantis said.

Willing to get within ashtray throwing distance of Hillary is worth a Congressional Medal of Honor

Barry Goldwater

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2023, 07:55:01 pm »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2023, 06:57:30 am »
3.3M - 622k