Author Topic: Low-carb/high-fat way of eating (LCHF WOE, AKA HFLC WOE)  (Read 11031 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Re: Low-carb/high-fat way of eating (LCHF WOE, AKA HFLC WOE)
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2024, 02:01:23 pm »
40 Years of Mental Illness Reversed on Carnivore Diet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H-rSowegq0

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Any government that can silence its critics
has a license for any kind of atrocity.
(RFK, Jr., September 2024)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2024, 05:59:32 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VmiN0DvIyU

Preach!  888high58888

It's scary how many people look to celebrities for important information.  **nononono* Good bloody grief!  9999hair out0000

Offline berdie

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2024, 08:30:04 pm »
I'll admit that I haven't read all of the threads you generously provided.

But is this diet similar to the Adkins Diet? (I did lose lots of weight when I observed that diet.)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2024, 11:38:35 pm »
I'll admit that I haven't read all of the threads you generously provided.

But is this diet similar to the Adkins Diet? (I did lose lots of weight when I observed that diet.)

@berdie

I'd be shocked if anyone had consumed all the material I posted! It's a LOT! I've been researching for quite a while, and doing so has required a significant investment of my time.

Yes, there is some similarity between Atkins and keto/carnivore. I don't know the particulars of Atkins, but a lot of the people who are now carnivores were once on Atkins. My BFF's son was on it. He lost a lot of weight, felt great, had energy and, best of all, got off his insulin shots. Human nature being what it is, he got sloppy with it and eventually gave up trying to get back on the wagon.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2024, 12:19:56 pm »
Back when I was a university prisoner with a mind ready to be molded, we had to come up with a diet plan for a diabetic. At that time, the low-fat, high carb, craze was on

That stupid food pyramid from the late 80s /early 90s was probably more responsible for making this country sick than anything the government has ever done.

I new folks who would buy low-fat or no fat processed cookies and eat the whole bag. Fat signals to your body that you’ve had enough to eat. Sugar and simple carbs do not.

Besides, as you age, you should eat more protein

« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 12:22:03 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2024, 02:05:08 pm »
Back when I was a university prisoner with a mind ready to be molded, we had to come up with a diet plan for a diabetic. At that time, the low-fat, high carb, craze was on

That stupid food pyramid from the late 80s /early 90s was probably more responsible for making this country sick than anything the government has ever done.

I new folks who would buy low-fat or no fat processed cookies and eat the whole bag. Fat signals to your body that you’ve had enough to eat. Sugar and simple carbs do not.

Besides, as you age, you should eat more protein

@LMAO

:thumbsup:

Food pyramid discussion. There's a link to the full discussion in the description below the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sxEAwWeZc8

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2024, 12:30:30 am »
Why Mikhaila Peterson Literally Eats ONLY Steak for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq4z_Vng8wA

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2024, 12:50:16 am »
Mikhaila Peterson’s Golden Rules for Losing Fat and Better Gut Health (what to avoid)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNmATwkKSuI

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2024, 07:16:15 pm »
Jordan Peterson REACTS to our Documentary Trailer! HE SAID THIS…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J-ZDlu2yWo

Thank God we're starting to address Americans' health and the corruption in the policy making circles (Big Government) in bed with Big Pharma/Big Medicine/Big Food.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2024, 03:00:30 am »
Humans evolved as omnivores - it's built into the very fabric of our teeth.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2024, 07:05:54 am »
Finally watched Mimi's road back to health! 70 years old and now symptom free. This is the one I'd heard referenced so many times. So glad I've finally watched it.

Bedridden No More: Carnivore Journey to Overcome Parkinson's, RA, Stroke & Thrive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkTq-3-Gjx8

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2024, 07:50:28 am »
I Was Wrong about Veggies by Dr. Ken D. Berry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYRUCx7Bj08

Are Vegetables Bad for Us? by Dr. Shawn Baker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJR1sCyoGSc

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2024, 07:59:29 am »
Lots to dig into here, and I'm just really getting started. Thank you for posting this info.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2024, 10:30:32 am »
I Was Wrong about Veggies by Dr. Ken D. Berry

Are Vegetables Bad for Us? by Dr. Shawn Baker

Interesting commentary's.

So first, to Dr. Berry, I'm not giving up my mangoes or Sugar Bee apples...sorry, not sorry.  :tongue2:

However, I do find the discussions by both about the potential harmful effects of veggies and fruit compelling. It does make sense that nature develops its own protective mechanisms. I like fruits and veggies, so this one will be a challenge to me. I have gout and to avoid flareups, all the research I've read has me avoiding the very foods they recommend and eating that which they discourage...it's a conundrum for me.  9999hair out0000

As for the push to plant based diets by the "medical community", fascist gov'ts., et al., I can't help but wonder if it's not all part of their push for population reduction. I'd venture that pound for pound, you can get more nutrition out of critters than plants. I'd also venture that it takes less land and probably less water to raise those critters than to grow a commensurate amount of crops.  :pondering:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2024, 08:13:02 pm »
Lots to dig into here, and I'm just really getting started. Thank you for posting this info.

@Smokin Joe

You're gonna be busy for a while.  :yowsa: As you view them, the algorithm will offer up a lot of suggestions. They tend to be long and -- sorry 'bout this -- meaty000hehehehe Enjoy your journey.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2024, 09:20:29 pm »
Interesting commentary's.

So first, to Dr. Berry, I'm not giving up my mangoes or Sugar Bee apples...sorry, not sorry.  :tongue2:

However, I do find the discussions by both about the potential harmful effects of veggies and fruit compelling. It does make sense that nature develops its own protective mechanisms. I like fruits and veggies, so this one will be a challenge to me. I have gout and to avoid flareups, all the research I've read has me avoiding the very foods they recommend and eating that which they discourage...it's a conundrum for me.  9999hair out0000

As for the push to plant based diets by the "medical community", fascist gov'ts., et al., I can't help but wonder if it's not all part of their push for population reduction. I'd venture that pound for pound, you can get more nutrition out of critters than plants. I'd also venture that it takes less land and probably less water to raise those critters than to grow a commensurate amount of crops.  :pondering:

@SZonian

Maybe don't listen to their recommendations? Maybe hear from others who have found relief outside of what their healthcare professionals told them?  :shrug:

Here's a freshly uploaded video of someone who was able to turn around a lot of conditions plus the video description:

I attribute the CARNIVORE LIFESTYLE with actually saving my life! I have come back to life from serious brain surgery and cancer surgery, and chronic conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, kidney stones, hypertension, eczema, and gout. Here is my story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-LhLpKU_3Q

BTW, I, too, have wondered if various recommendations and bad advice might be rooted in evil attempts to depopulate the planet. Especially of geezers like me. Useless eaters and all that jazz.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2024, 11:20:43 pm »
@Smokin Joe

You're gonna be busy for a while.  :yowsa: As you view them, the algorithm will offer up a lot of suggestions. They tend to be long and -- sorry 'bout this -- meaty000hehehehe Enjoy your journey.
@AllThatJazzZ Don't apologize for the meaty part. I'm a carnivore by nature.  :laugh:

I have read quite a few sources on what is good/bad to eat for Type 2 diabetes, and the contradictions are insane. Depending on what source, cardboard is best, followed by plastic. Throw whatever food is in the package away and eat the wrapper. Sheesh!

So, I'm my own lab rat...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2024, 12:15:22 am »
@SZonian

Maybe don't listen to their recommendations? Maybe hear from others who have found relief outside of what their healthcare professionals told them?  :shrug:

Here's a freshly uploaded video of someone who was able to turn around a lot of conditions plus the video description:

I attribute the CARNIVORE LIFESTYLE with actually saving my life! I have come back to life from serious brain surgery and cancer surgery, and chronic conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, kidney stones, hypertension, eczema, and gout. Here is my story.

BTW, I, too, have wondered if various recommendations and bad advice might be rooted in evil attempts to depopulate the planet. Especially of geezers like me. Useless eaters and all that jazz.  *****rollingeyes*****
"Maybe don't listen to their recommendations? Maybe hear from others who have found relief outside of what their healthcare professionals told them?"
You have a point there and thanks for sharing your inspiring story.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2024, 02:30:02 am »
@AllThatJazzZ Don't apologize for the meaty part. I'm a carnivore by nature.  :laugh:

I have read quite a few sources on what is good/bad to eat for Type 2 diabetes, and the contradictions are insane. Depending on what source, cardboard is best, followed by plastic. Throw whatever food is in the package away and eat the wrapper. Sheesh!

So, I'm my own lab rat...

My apology wasn't because of the meat aspect but rather for the ridiculous but irresistible pun. It wasn't intentional as I've always used that term, mostly in discussing a truly great sermon or lecture. But here I was discussing a carnivore way of eating and I didn't have enough control over myself to refrain from the corny pun. I have no self control.  **nononono* :shrug:

From your remarks, may I assume that you're diabetic? If so, may I point you in the direction of an alternate organization that has been developed by many in the carnivore community to replace the American Diabetes Association. I think Dr. Berry spearheaded it, and it's finally come to fruition.*

Search YouTube for American Diabetes Society + Dr. Berry. Also find videos by Dr. Suneel Dhand on the subject of how awful ADA is. The carnivore community is disgusted with the ADA and the financial interests behind it.

This may be a starting place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH4cSGywH2I

*There will be no funding from big pharma, big medicine, big government or big food.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2024, 02:34:00 am »
"Maybe don't listen to their recommendations? Maybe hear from others who have found relief outside of what their healthcare professionals told them?"
You have a point there and thanks for sharing your inspiring story.

@SZonian

For the record, it's not my story. It's the story of Old Guy Carnivore, one of the carnivore influencers I follow. I've been following him for over a year, and this is the first time I'd heard about all of his health issues. It just happened to come up for me as a recommendation after you had mentioned your problem with gout. Hope it helps with your situation.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2024, 10:03:16 am »
I lost over 60 percent of my body weight on a bariatric diet, but alas I put back on about 20 lbs after I hit goal weight and started to add bread to my diet.

Why do carbs taste so good but are fattening ?
I really do like a bagel with cream cheese and lox for breakfast
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 10:08:50 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2024, 02:36:15 am »
Why do carbs taste so good but are fattening ?
I really do like a bagel with cream cheese and lox for breakfast

@Gefn

It has been a surprise to me to learn how much I'd struggle with giving up carbs. The addiction is stronger than I could have imagined. It's a far more acceptable addiction to the general public than tobacco or alcohol, so others are at the ready to encourage you to give in to the delicious carbs in the form of Mexican food, pizza, pasta, burgers, etc. Those who have successfully become carnivores say that the carb cravings went away once they were X amount of time into that WOE.