Author Topic: Army Lays Out Plans for Robotic Combat Vehicles  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army Lays Out Plans for Robotic Combat Vehicles
« on: December 12, 2023, 05:27:21 pm »
Army Lays Out Plans for Robotic Combat Vehicles
12/12/2023
By Laura Heckmann, Stew Magnuson and Allyson Park   

Washington, D.C. — While the Army has taken a slow, methodical approach to developing what would be its first uncrewed combat vehicle, service leaders recently signaled that they are eager to integrate the technology into formations.

Secretary of the Army Christine Wormuth said the service is kicking off a new human-machine integrated formations initiative.

“These integrated formations will bring robotic systems into units alongside humans, with the goal of always having robots, not soldiers, make first contact with the enemy,” she said in a keynote speech at the Association of the United States Army’s annual conference in Washington, D.C.

The Robotic Combat Vehicle is the service’s foremost program to integrate the technology in the battlefield.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2023/12/12/army-lays-out-plans-for-robotic-combat-vehicles
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 05:28:24 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Army Lays Out Plans for Robotic Combat Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2023, 05:30:44 pm »
Only electric, of course.  How hypocritical to have jets dropping bombs, fires burning, shells exploding, missiles incoming, and have antiquated gas guzzlers. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson