Author Topic: 'Fat' Has Now Become the Latest Protected Class: Why This Is a Bad Thing  (Read 472 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'Fat' Has Now Become the Latest Protected Class: Why This Is a Bad Thing
By Ward Clark | 5:02 PM on December 10, 2023The opinions expressed by contributors are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of RedState.com.

Like a lot of guys my age (early sixties), I'm carrying a few extra pounds. That's a result of some lifestyle choices, to be sure; I love cheeseburgers and steaks, have been known to have a few beers on occasion, and just to add to the mix, I like a good cigar now and then. Those are my choices; I accept the risks of these things, and I attenuate those risks by regular exercise added to the normal exertions of maintaining a rural homestead.

Advertisement

However, unlike some folks, I'm not seeking to have government enshrine the results of my bad habits as legally protected.

....Colorado, America's slimmest state, where Boulder is situated, is set to become the first state in the US for 50 years to ban 'fat phobia' by law. And it is not alone in its aims to legislate in this way. Across America, politicians have been planning laws to add a person's weight to the list of characteristics such as race, age, religion and sexual orientation that are protected from discrimination.

https://redstate.com/wardclark/2023/12/10/fat-now-becoming-the-latest-protected-class-why-this-is-a-bad-thing-n2167395
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: 'Fat' Has Now Become the Latest Protected Class: Why This Is a Bad Thing
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 07:01:38 pm »
 ////00000////

The porkers prefer to be called the "Calorically Endowed."
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2023, 07:08:37 pm »
"Poundage challenged".  Your pants say yoga, but your ass says McDonalds.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2023, 07:22:55 pm »

However, unlike some folks, I'm not seeking to have government enshrine the results of my bad habits as legally protected.

And I don't want the government to limit my ability to obtain meat (real, not lab grown). Back off, y'all, or you'll find an army of buff meat eaters at your door.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2023, 07:41:29 pm »
Replace meat and dairy with twigs and bugs, easy peasy.
... To achieve emissions reductions that are consistent with the limits in global temperature rise that scientists say are safe, will require the following changes:

Shift to plant-based diets

o Citizens consuming no more than 16kg of meat per person per year down from an average of 58kg by 2030. This includes 1.3kg beef, when currently the average citizen from East Asia consumes 13kg a year.
    o A target of 90kg dairy per person per year, down from C40 average of 106kg, or around 220kg in Europe. ...

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2023, 07:55:46 pm »

Nothing to worry about.Whatever status or 'special rights' they may give obese people, they are predestine to be a very 'short lived' solution.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2023, 07:56:29 pm »
Reminder from Greta...

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2023, 12:35:43 am »
From the article….

Colorado, America's slimmest state, where Boulder is situated, is set to become the first state in the US for 50 years to ban 'fat phobia' by law.

How is fat phobia defined?
And if you violate the law, what happens?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2023, 12:46:13 am »
From the article…

Like a lot of guys my age (early sixties), I'm carrying a few extra pounds. That's a result of some lifestyle choices, to be sure; I love cheeseburgers and steaks, have been known to have a few beers on occasion, and just to add to the mix, I like a good cigar now and then. Those are my choices; I accept the risks of these things, and I attenuate those risks by regular exercise added to the normal exertions of maintaining a rural homestead.

Everything in moderation

There’s nothing wrong with eating cheeseburgers or steak, or having beers and a cigar.

The reason why he’s gaining weight at 60 something is you start losing muscle mass in your 40s. As a result, your metabolism slows.

Resistance training

Barry Goldwater

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2023, 12:56:47 am »
I am fat-phobic (afraid) yes, with good reason
I am Islam-phobic (afraid) yes, with good reason
I am trans-phobic (afraid) yes, with good reason

All of these "phobias" the Left is coddling are all just simple common sense.

Also, I am pyrophopic - fear of fire.
Ekrixiphobia - fear of explosions
Ophidiophobia - snakes
Arachnophobia - spiders
Leonphobia - lions
Toxiphobia - fear of poison
Radiophobia - radiation
Nosophobia - disease
Necrophobia - fear of death

Phobias are common sense. Phobias have kept mankind alive for a million years. Now, suddenly, any 'phobia' is a bad thing?

I'm not buying it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 01:00:59 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2023, 03:50:06 am »
I am Islam-phobic (afraid) yes, with good reason

It is impossible for Islamophobia to exist.
The definition of "phobia" is "irrational fear."
Anyone who knows the history of Islam knows that
being aware of its danger is COMPLETELY rational!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao