Author Topic: Report: Harvard President Claudine Gay to Stay; Plagiarism Concerns Linger  (Read 2772 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Report: Harvard President Claudine Gay to Stay; Plagiarism Concerns Linger
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2023, 09:39:17 pm »
Vanessa Beary, Ed.D.
@vbeary
Two hours ago, I resigned from the @HarvardAlumni Association Board of Directors. I found @Harvard President Claudine Gay's testimony abhorrent and I reject the statement issued earlier today by the Executive Committee of the @harvardalumni Association's Board of Directors.
6:18 PM · Dec 11, 2023

Axios
@axios
The Executive Committee of Harvard University's Alumni Association on Monday gave its support for Harvard President Claudine Gay's leadership amid backlash to her congressional testimony on antisemitism. https://t.co/5rQRijlIGl
5:13 PM · Dec 11, 2023

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2023, 12:42:18 am »
 Obama secretly pushed Harvard to keep president Claudine Gay despite campus antisemitism, plagiarism controversies: report
By Social Links for Josh Christenson
Published Dec. 22, 2023, 5:18 p.m. ET

Former President Barack Obama has secretly lobbied Harvard University officials to stick by embattled President Claudine Gay as she faces pressure to resign for giving cover to antisemitism on campus and for committing plagiarism.

Obama, 62, a 1991 graduate of Harvard’s law school, privately urged the university to let Gay remain in office after she testified Dec. 5 before the House Education and Workforce Committee that calls for the genocide of Jews may be permissible under the school’s code of conduct, depending on “context,” according to a report out Friday.

“It sounded like people were being asked to close ranks to keep the broader administration stable — including its composition,” a source told Jewish Insider of the former president’s clandestine effort.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/12/22/news/obama-pushed-harvard-to-keep-embattled-claudine-gay-report/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2023, 12:56:49 am »
The gay Gay is on her way out.   By January she will be shoveling off to Buffalo.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2023, 02:22:28 am »
Obama secretly pushed Harvard to keep president Claudine Gay despite campus antisemitism, plagiarism controversies: report

Obama would have more clout had he actually attended classes at Harvard.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2023, 03:16:36 pm »
Pastor Defends Harvard Prez. Claudine Gay in Sermon, Warns White People are ‘Coming’ For Her

…You know they’re coming for (her)  because they say she’s not qualified to be the president of Harvard University.  So keep your receipts like the sister did.  The sister said,  I’m a graduate of Phillips Exeter Academy.  I have a bachelor’s of arts degree in economics from Stanford University.  I earned a PhD from Harvard University.  I was a professor at Stanford, but then I was a professor at Harvard. And now I’m the president of Harvard University, while the people who are accusing the good sister of being a DEI hire probably can’t even spell diversity,  equity,  and inclusion. 

Somebody shall keep your receipts,  because sooner than later,  they’re going to try to tell you that you don’t deserve what God has given to you.  They will try to push you down and make you think that you are not all that God has made you to be. So that’s when you whip out your receipts and say,  ‘I may not have done it for myself, but the God who is on my side lifted me while I’m down.’

Take out your receipts.  When they meant to fail me,  God gave me what I need to pass it.  Keep your receipts,  baby.  I’m trying to say that I may not have the resume to match your resume,  but I got favor on my side.  And favor trumps a resume every single time.  Somebody say keep your receipts.  ...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2023, 02:59:25 pm »
Bill Ackman
@BillAckman
I have heard from a source that is reliable but a step or two removed from the situation that Harvard has asked President Gay to resign and she has refused.

Gay has apparently said that if she is fired, she will sue. Gay has retained her own counsel.

I can’t 100% confirm the above is true, but if it is, I am sure the Board is concerned about what may emerge in legal discovery in the event of litigation.

At this point, however, what choice does the Board have?

If the Board makes an inappropriate deal on severance or gives Gay a guaranteed position at Harvard, it will look like a payoff to keep her quiet. I can’t see how she stays at Harvard in any capacity.

President Gay’s performance and her academic record issues provide plenty of cause for termination without compensation.

But at every step so far, the Board has made the wrong call and dug a deeper hole for themselves and Harvard.

As we all know, the best time to start making good decisions is now.

The sooner Gay is gone, the sooner repairing the damage can begin.
6:22 PM · Dec 24, 2023

Online Hoodat

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2023, 08:46:42 pm »
Bill Ackman
@BillAckman
I have heard from a source that is reliable but a step or two removed from the situation that Harvard has asked President Gay to resign and she has refused.

Gay has apparently said that if she is fired, she will sue. Gay has retained her own counsel.

I can’t 100% confirm the above is true, but if it is, I am sure the Board is concerned about what may emerge in legal discovery in the event of litigation.

At this point, however, what choice does the Board have?

Their choice should be to fire her.  She lied on her resume.  She committed academic fraud.  And she violated a basic standard of ethics.  Not only should she be fired, she should be sued for accepting pay under false pretenses and be ordered to pay back her entire salary to date.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2023, 09:36:44 pm »
Harvard board under pressure to resign after standing by embattled president Claudine Gay over  disastrous antisemitism testimony

LAURA PARNABY  |  25 December 2023  |  12:15 EST

The Harvard University board is under pressure to resign over its handling of the anti-Semitism furor.

In the wake of burgeoning calls for Gay to resign, faculty members are now also turning the spotlight on the other 11 members of the Harvard Corporation - the Ivy League's powerful governing body which continues to support her.

One professor has even suggested an overhaul of the governance structure to give lawmakers the opportunity to appoint board members who represent the public interest, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Meanwhile, the former Harvard Medical School dean Jeffrey Flier said he told board members Tracy Palandjian and Paul Finnegan to do more to address the ongoing turmoil surrounding the school.

'You need to be more out front of this,' Flier recalled telling the execs, as he spoke with the New York Times. 'If people are saying the university is making mistakes, they are talking about you!'   .  .  .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12899581/Harvard-board-pressure-resign-Claudine-Gay-job-antisemitism-testimony.html

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-