Author Topic: Services scramble to promote senior leaders after Tuberville hold  (Read 212 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Services scramble to promote senior leaders after Tuberville hold
By Meghann Myers
 Friday, Dec 8

The military services are wasting no time working through a backlog of promotable senior leaders after Sen. Tommy Tuberville, R-Ala., relented on his hold of more than 400 senior officer promotions Tuesday.

While the Senate has since voted to confirm their nominations en masse, the services have to work through approving each promotion, prioritizing officers who have been waiting the longest or those who are moving into roles that have been vacant during the hold.

The Army on Thursday threw together a promotion ceremony for eight senior leaders attending a professional development conference outside of Washington, D.C.

“Well, this is not a typical ceremony ... but these are not typical times. And certainly, what all of you and many others who will be promoted in the coming days and weeks have been through is not typical at all,” Army Secretary Christine Wormuth said. “I think it’s fair to say that the last several months have been quite hard and very frustrating for all of you and your families.”

Among the promotees was now-Maj. Gen. William Green, Jr., the Army’s deputy chief of chaplains, who gave the invocation at the ceremony, who had been serving as the acting chief of chaplains as he awaited his promotion.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2023/12/08/services-scramble-to-promote-senior-leaders-after-tuberville-hold/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Services scramble to promote senior leaders after Tuberville hold
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 05:29:45 pm »
Is there any consideration of competency or is it all based seniority, wokeness, skin color (other than white), gender (female only, though trannies are acceptable), or ability to kiss *ss? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Services scramble to promote senior leaders after Tuberville hold
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2023, 05:41:31 pm »
The US military will have to rely on more contractors and mercenaries, without an involuntary draft, to compensate for future capability shortages.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright