Author Topic: Grounded Fleet: Will The Marine Corps Still Plan to Fly Osprey into 2060s?  (Read 211 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Grounded Fleet: Will The Marine Corps Still Plan to Fly Osprey into 2060s?
Osprey has been an extraordinary platform in high-demand for decades by Navy and Marine Corps Combatant Commanders
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONUPDATED:1 HOUR AGOORIGINAL:19 HOURS AGO
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

Air Force Special Operations are carefully and intensely surging forward with an investigation regarding reasons for the fatal Osprey crash, following initial determinations that the accident was not caused by pilot error but possibly an internal mechanical malfunction or problem with the aircraft.

The Pentagon’s decision to “ground” all Ospreys while an investigation unfolds appears to be an intelligent, conservative decision in what Deputy Pentagon Secretary Sabrina Singh called “an abundance of caution.”

"The secretary fully supports the services and their [decision], out of an abundance of caution, to stand these aircraft down," she said, according to a Pentagon essay.

The key focus may center around making the determination as to whether there was a specific malfunction with that particular aircraft or if the incident reveals or points to some kind of “fleet wide” or systemic problem.

https://warriormaven.com/sea/will-the-marine-corps-still-plan-to-fly-osprey-into-2060s
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Grounded Fleet: Will The Marine Corps Still Plan to Fly Osprey into 2060s?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 05:18:46 pm »
If it is an untrustworthy killer of its crews, of course they'll keep it. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson