Author Topic: Air Force again dangles $600,000 in bonuses to keep pilots in uniform  (Read 229 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force again dangles $600,000 in bonuses to keep pilots in uniform
By Rachel S. Cohen
 Friday, Dec 8

Air Force pilots and others in rated fields who opt to stay in uniform can earn up to $600,000 over 12 years under the latest round of retention bonuses announced Nov. 30.

The fiscal year 2024 incentives offer manned aircraft and drone pilots, combat systems operators and air battle managers an extra $15,000 to $50,000 per year, depending on their assigned aircraft and the years to which they commit.

Annual bonus pay programs aim to keep airmen around to blunt the effects of a pilot shortage that has lasted decades, robbing the service of aviators in policy jobs that rely on their know-how to help the service plan for the future.

“The requirement to preserve critical skills in our Air Force has never been more important,” Maj. Gen. Adrian Spain, the training and readiness director at Air Force headquarters, said in a Nov. 30 release. “Retaining these professional aviators’ experience and expertise … is imperative in order to outpace future challenges.”

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2023/12/08/air-force-again-dangles-600000-in-bonuses-to-keep-pilots-in-uniform/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Air Force again dangles $600,000 in bonuses to keep pilots in uniform
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 05:24:21 pm »
They are going to give more money to gay and trannie pilots in keeping with wokeness, aren't they?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2023, 05:36:22 pm »
   In 50+ years we've gone from this:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/R_2LVfqeK4Y?feature=share

To this:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2023, 05:38:20 pm »
1.) The military has welched on promised bonuses before.
2.) The military has kept personnel active past their end-of-duty date.
3.) After Tuberville's nonsense, why stay?  They could make more money working for a military contractor without having to worry if Congress is going to pay them, promote them, or give them raises.

You fight for and make sacrifices for liberty, justice, country, God, family, etc., not to be a Congressional @$$clown's sacrificial pawn.

It's not only on Tuberville; it's on the whole of the US Senate that created and kept rules that allow (1) person to d!ck with longterm National Security.

The US Government cannot be trusted to keep its promises.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright