Author Topic: US pilot safely ejects in F-16 crash off South Korea  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US pilot safely ejects in F-16 crash off South Korea
« on: December 11, 2023, 04:52:32 pm »
US pilot safely ejects in F-16 crash off South Korea
By The Associated Press Staff
 Dec 11, 10:17 AM

A U.S. Air Force pilot safely ejected on Monday before his F-16 fighter jet crashed into the sea off South Korea’s southwestern coast, U.S. and South Korean military officials said.

The unidentified pilot was recovered by South Korean maritime forces and was “awake and in stable condition,” the U.S. Air Force’s 8th Fighter Wing said in a statement. It said the pilot was being returned to Kunsan Air Base near the southwestern port city of Gunsan, where he would be evaluated further.

The pilot took off from the air base, used jointly by the U.S. and South Korean air forces, on a routine training flight and was forced to eject from the aircraft after experiencing an unspecified in-flight emergency.

The 8th Fighter Wing, which is composed of two F-16 squadrons, said the cause of the in-flight emergency is being investigated.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-air-force/2023/12/11/us-pilot-safely-ejected-before-f-16-crashed-off-south-korea/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson