Author Topic: Biden WH Refuses to Take Responsibility for Inflation, Says Companies Need to Lower Their Prices  (Read 3653 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden WH Refuses to Take Responsibility for Inflation, Says Companies Need to Lower Their Prices

Sarah Arnold
December 09, 2023 5:30 PM

Since President Joe Biden has taken office, Americans are struggling to pay bills and live paycheck to paycheck as prices for daily essentials continue to rise.

However, according to the White House, it is not Biden's fault for a failing economy, but rather companies for pricing their goods too high.

On Friday, White House National Economic Council Director Lael Brainard blamed Americans' current financial struggle on companies raising their prices, claiming they are confident with their wages.

NPR Co-host Ari Shapiro pointed out that Americans are unhappy with Biden's economy, saying inflation keeps worsening.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2023/12/09/biden-wh-people-feel-good-about-finances-but-companies-need-to-lower-their-prices-n2632217
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The guy is an economics wizard! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

Why not simply implement price controls?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Why not simply implement price controls?

Too Nixonian.  :)
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

Inflation affects everybody. And the companies have to pass on that cost to their customers

They’re supposed to take a loss just because Biden tells them to
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

Too Nixonian.  :)

I remember how Democrats kicked and screamed when Reagan announced he was removing price controls on domestic oil.  Afterwards, the global price fell from $47/bbl down to $8/bbl.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats call spend as many trillions of dollars on foreigners as they please because NeverTrumpers will shift as much of the blame as they can onto Trump.  Even though democrats spent the money to benefit our enemies, besides gibing out enemies fully outfitted Armies of ours.  That only happens because of the abundant amounts of village idiots that like being fools and =idiots willing to go along with such stupidity.  The NeverTrumpers even insist they never existed, what kinds of fools goes along with something like that, pretending the Trump/Biden election didn't exist they took such fanatical part in.  They frced on us this Biden WOKE utopia Biden insist isn't his fault at all.  Some times life is cruelly 'fair'.  The last three years is proof!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Hoodat

Democrats call spend as many trillions of dollars on foreigners as they please because NeverTrumpers will shift as much of the blame as they can onto Trump.  Even though democrats spent the money to benefit our enemies, besides gibing out enemies fully outfitted Armies of ours.  That only happens because of the abundant amounts of village idiots that like being fools and =idiots willing to go along with such stupidity.

What about the trillions that Trump spent?  And what about Jerome Powell?

Offline LMAO

What about the trillions that Trump spent?  And what about Jerome Powell?

That’s different. MAGAs can’t explain why it’s different. MAGAs just know it is
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Democrats call spend as many trillions of dollars on foreigners as they please because NeverTrumpers will shift as much of the blame as they can onto Trump.  Even though democrats spent the money to benefit our enemies, besides gibing out enemies fully outfitted Armies of ours.  That only happens because of the abundant amounts of village idiots that like being fools and =idiots willing to go along with such stupidity.  The NeverTrumpers even insist they never existed, what kinds of fools goes along with something like that, pretending the Trump/Biden election didn't exist they took such fanatical part in.  They frced on us this Biden WOKE utopia Biden insist isn't his fault at all.  Some times life is cruelly 'fair'.  The last three years is proof!
:pondering: You really should consider getting back on your meds.

Offline roamer_1

A topic of convenience for MAGA types, as the pot calling the kettle black.

Any slur they can hang on their opponents is fair to use... But they do not have (possess) the principles they claim to defend... as is entirely made evident when Dear Leader does the same dang thing.

Offline LMAO

:pondering: You really should consider getting back on your meds.

No way!

His post might become more sane, but less interesting

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

A topic of convenience for MAGA types, as the pot calling the kettle black.

What once were vices are now habits.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
No way!

His post might become more sane, but less interesting

Still, there is something wrong with that boy.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline christian

If you cannot continue to give Biden a pass and blame Trump, your insane!  That level of political awhoring is somewhat impressive.  Trump began a healing of our economy and military and closing the southern border while returning jobs back from China.  Joe pumps enemy hostile nations full of our money and even handing over armies.  Note how his stooges find fault in Trump, giving a pass to Biden while lying saying it isn't so.
Not everyone is a blinded Biden stooge living on lies and deceit.
As the End Times is fulfilled, you shall receive your rewards.  Wailing and GNASHING YOUR TEETH IS ALREADY WRITTEN, IT WILL FAIL YOU.  Enjoy your eternal fates! Its only for forever!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 02:24:31 am by christian »

Offline roamer_1

If you cannot continue to give Biden a pass and blame Trump, your insane!  That level of political awhoring is somewhat impressive.  Trump began a healing of our economy and military and closing the southern border while returning jobs back from China.  Joe pumps enemy hostile nations full of our money and even handing over armies.  Note how his stooges find fault in Trump, giving a pass to Biden while lying saying it isn't so.
Not everyone is a blinded Biden stooge living on lies and deceit.
As the End Times is fulfilled, you shall receive your rewards.  Wailing and GNASHING YOUR TEETH IS ALREADY WRITTEN, IT WILL FAIL YOU.  Enjoy your eternal fates! Its only for forever!

Tumpy is not Messiah.

And if you read the Book, Yah is a big proponent of small, distributed government. Not empire, which he is decidedly against. Justifying your big government in opposition to Buydem's big government is false and stupid. It's the very same damnable government.

Offline LMAO

Tumpy is not Messiah.

And if you read the Book, Yah is a big proponent of small, distributed government. Not empire, which he is decidedly against. Justifying your big government in opposition to Buydem's big government is false and stupid. It's the very same damnable government.

I just love his posts. It has references to fire, Satan, the end times, our judgment, all rolled into one. Whenever I see his screen name on a thread, I have to go read his posts to see how close the rest of us are burning in Hell

He is the best poster on this forum. I encourage him to continue. And even better are his Satan emojis and dumpster fire emojis
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 07:11:46 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline christian

All the bitching and bawling about how bad everything is (because Biden is running things), but its all Trumps fault as to how bad things are.  They have institutions for people that need this extreme of therapy.  Should Biden secure another four years, they will bawl like a baby whose titty was taken away, only moreso.  You NeverTrumpers got you way Biden, because you could bawl like babies the whole time Biden is in office?  That's not what you said at Pres election time, nor even now!
 :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

Offline christian

lmao: I just love his posts. It has references to fire, Satan, the end times, our judgment, all rolled into one. Whenever I see his screen name on a thread, I have to go read his posts to see how close the rest of us are burning in Hell

Its called being able to see the big picture, and refusing to be a liar denier Woke stooge.  Its easy to see how you Woke love to attack like feral pack beast, and the cowardice of those that fear to get near them.  Their gutless response to aggressive feral WOKE attacks, even their wolves wearing sheeps clothing.
The End Times was well described thousands of years ago, your catastrophic time has come, as you well earned it.

:dumpster: :dumpster: :dumpster:
:reaper: :reaper: :reaper:

Offline roamer_1

Its called being able to see the big picture, and refusing to be a liar denier Woke stooge.  Its easy to see how you Woke love to attack like feral pack beast, and the cowardice of those that fear to get near them.  Their gutless response to aggressive feral WOKE attacks, even their wolves wearing sheeps clothing.
The End Times was well described thousands of years ago, your catastrophic time has come, as you well earned it.

If this weren't so incoherent, it might be 'making it personal'...  :whistle:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Personally I believe he deserves the lifetime Red Forman award  :shrug:

Offline LMAO

:dumpster: :dumpster: :dumpster:
:reaper: :reaper: :reaper:

And with the dumpster fire and reaper. Not one, not two, but I get three of each

And a reference to my catastrophic end. You and I need to hang out

Barry Goldwater

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
And with the dumpster fire and reaper. Not one, not two, but I get three of each

And a reference to my catastrophic end. You and I need to hang out

Three is a holy number. Consider yourself extra-blessed.  happy77
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Hoodat

All the bitching and bawling about how bad everything is (because Biden is running things), but its all Trumps fault as to how bad things are.  They have institutions for people that need this extreme of therapy. 

When it comes to deficit spending, there is zero difference between Biden and Trump.  They both suck.  Capisce?   No one here is giving Biden a pass.  We are holding both to the same standard.

Now contrast that with your position.  You seem to want to place all the blame on Biden when Trump ran up just as much debt.

Offline Hoodat

Three is a holy number.

Does that apply to three-member bands like RUSH, the Police, Dire Straits, etc?