Author Topic: Gronk helps gift cars to military families in need ahead of Army-Navy  (Read 268 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Gronk helps gift cars to military families in need ahead of Army-Navy
By Jonathan Lehrfeld
 Dec 8, 04:21 PM

BOSTON — Rob Gronkowski, the former NFL Patriots tight end and Super Bowl champion, returned to his roots in New England to partner with organizations donating new vehicles to military families in need.

The football legend helped gift the cars Friday to an Army and Navy family outside Faneuil Hall Marketplace ahead of the 124th Army-Navy game, which is set to be played Saturday at the Pats’ stadium outside of Boston in Foxborough, Massachusetts.

“Thank you guys for everything you have done for our country,” Gronk, the four-time Super Bowl winner who played for both the Patriots and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, said to the current and former troops taking home the vehicles.

The pair of military families received the cars through a Recycled Rides program by the United Services Automobile Association, in partnership with the National Auto Body Council and other nonprofits, to showcase ongoing support for veterans and service members amid a weekend of football fanfare.

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/military-sports/2023/12/08/gronk-helps-gift-cars-to-military-families-in-need-ahead-of-army-navy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson