Author Topic: Hundreds Of Illegal Chinese-Owned Marijuana Operations Taking Over Maine  (Read 259 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hundreds Of Illegal Chinese-Owned Marijuana Operations Taking Over Maine

BY TYLER DURDEN
SUNDAY, DEC 03, 2023 - 07:00 PM
Authored by Jana J. Pruet via The Epoch Times (emphasis ours),

Hundreds of illegal Chinese-owned marijuana growing operations have been popping up across Maine over the past three years.

A criminal marijuana growing operation in Henryetta, Oklahoma. Illegal grow operations are a nationwide problem, responsible for billions in revenue. (Picture courtesy Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics)

On Tuesday, Nov. 28, local law enforcement shut down an illegal marijuana grow that was being operated in a building located behind a licensed marijuana cultivation facility in Franklin County.

Officers from the Wilton Police Department were assisting investigators from the Maine Office of Cannabis Policy (OCP) during a routine follow-up inspection of a licensed facility in Wilton when they raided the illegal operation, authorities said in a press release posted on social media.

"It's a place that has been on the radar," State Rep. Mike Sobeleski (R) told The Epoch Times, adding that he had visited the facility previously. The Republican lawmaker said he had learned about the raid just minutes before Tuesday's interview with The Epoch Times to discuss the illegal marijuana operations being run by Chinese nationals throughout the state.

Earlier this month, a man identifying himself as the property manager told the Maine Wire that the building was being used to grow marijuana and that operators paid about $30,000 per month in rent.

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/hundreds-illegal-chinese-owned-marijuana-operations-taking-over-maine
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online andy58-in-nh

Re: Hundreds Of Illegal Chinese-Owned Marijuana Operations Taking Over Maine
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2023, 02:57:35 pm »
Drive up coastal Route 1 in Maine these days and you'll see as many cannabis outlets as seafood restaurants.

It's a huge change from just a handful of years ago, before the Pot Lobby won the day in the state legislature.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn