Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren’s war on sandwiches is no nothingburger  (Read 493 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Elizabeth Warren’s war on sandwiches is no nothingburger
« on: December 09, 2023, 04:41:38 pm »

Elizabeth Warren’s war on sandwiches is no nothingburger
Story by Tom Hebert  •
5h

Left-wing Democrats are on a mission to expand government control over the economy. Instead of a vibrant free market buzzing with innovation and entrepreneurship, leftists want to put every company in a "Mother-May-I" relationship with faceless Washington bureaucrats.

Take Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), for example. She has been widely mocked for calling on the weaponized Federal Trade Commission to investigate a monopoly on sandwich production. While Warren’s lonely war on "Big Sandwich" is laughable, it is illustrative of the Left’s broader plan to increase government control over the economy. "We don’t need another private equity deal that could lead to higher food prices for consumers," Warren posted on X. "The FTC is right to investigate whether the purchase of Subway by the same firm that owns Jimmy Johns and McAlister’s Deli creates a sandwich shop monopoly."

At the risk of wasting ink debunking the plainly obvious, Roark Capital’s pending purchase of the Subway brand would not create a sandwich shop monopoly. Anyone can make a sandwich by putting ingredients between two slices of bread. Roark Capital's purchase of Subway would not obliterate the mom and pop delicatessens, cafes, and restaurants that populate every town in America. Grocery stores will still sell sandwich ingredients. The sky will not fall.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/elizabeth-warren-s-war-on-sandwiches-is-no-nothingburger/ar-AA1leRHk
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Elizabeth Warren’s war on sandwiches is no nothingburger
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 04:44:41 pm »
Pokey-hontas should market her own brand....   "bitchwich"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2023, 07:17:09 pm »
Pokey-hontas should market her own brand....   "bitchwich"
On Indian Bread made from a recipe handed down from her Native American ancestor Princess Freja  :silly: :silly:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2023, 07:29:00 pm »
On Indian Bread made from a recipe handed down from her Native American ancestor Princess Freja  :silly: :silly:

It would be a-maize-ing for those late evening Tee- PEE get togethers
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2023, 08:13:56 pm »
Did the Injuns eat sammiches? Need to do some research on that.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2023, 08:22:02 pm »
Did the Injuns eat sammiches? Need to do some research on that.

They do now... I'd take bannock (fry bread) tacos over just about anything.  happy77

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2023, 08:45:40 pm »
They do now... I'd take bannock (fry bread) tacos over just about anything.  happy77

No kididng.  We tried some at a roadsite stiop just off I-80 near the Utah-Nevada border last summer  Wow, they were good

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2023, 08:56:09 pm »
No kididng.  We tried some at a roadsite stiop just off I-80 near the Utah-Nevada border last summer  Wow, they were good

yeah buddy! One of my friends is married to a Salish gal... She's the one who taught me how to make good pemmican back in the day... He's gone now, but for a long time, Taco Tuesday was always spent at their house.  :beer:

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2023, 09:22:12 pm »
This is the stopped clock being right twice a day.  We have anti-trust laws for a reason, and that reason is the defense of the market against monopolies which, when they take hold, destroy the advantages to the consumer of competition, harm innovation and create bars to entry into a segment of the market by new start-ups.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2023, 11:34:38 pm »

Oh yea!!!
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy