Author Topic: More Road Bumps Develop in Not-So-Smooth Transition to EVs  (Read 261 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
More Road Bumps Develop in Not-So-Smooth Transition to EVs
« on: December 09, 2023, 05:00:19 pm »
BEEGE WELBORN 2:41 PM on December 08, 2023

At the end of November – in mangled Pig Latin, I might add – I told you about pressure POTATUS was receiving from car dealers to back off the electric vehicle mandates. Across the board, and with every car-maker, they were having trouble unloading what they already had, less mind what was forecast to be coming at them when the auto manufacturers finally changed over.

Where sales had been looking promising early in the game and into the summer of 2022, the bottom has subsequently fallen out of the market. The inventory build-up on dealer lots, be it due to interest rates, lay-offs, pricing or whatever, was starting to running into months as opposed to weeks. No one has the latitude to have that sort of money tied up particularly when it is looking as if the chances of clearing it out are pretty grim.

Despite new electric vehicle market share and sales hitting a record in the U.S. this year, EV growth is starting to slow and fall short of the auto industry’s lofty ambitions to transition away from combustion engines.

https://hotair.com/tree-hugging-sister/2023/12/08/more-road-bumps-develop-in-not-so-smooth-transition-to-evs-n597615
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline roamer_1

Re: More Road Bumps Develop in Not-So-Smooth Transition to EVs
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 06:58:38 pm »
Boondoggle... Is and always was, and many here saw it a long way off.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2023, 07:06:23 pm »
Boondoggle... Is and always was, and many here saw it a long way off.

My experience with boondoggles is normally, they are just  wastes of time and money.

In this case, people are going to suffer and die from this converison.  I just hope there are enough tall light posts, to take care of the culprits who took us over the cliff.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2023, 07:42:33 pm »
My experience with boondoggles is normally, they are just  wastes of time and money.

In this case, people are going to suffer and die from this converison.  I just hope there are enough tall light posts, to take care of the culprits who took us over the cliff.

In any case, the wyrm is turning... DEI is dead-man-walking, Corporations telling government they won't follow, colleges on the ropes, etc... It is always a good thing when America gets a swig of liberalism in firehose mode... This time will be pointed to as when this generation was inoculated against progressive liberalism.