Author Topic: America’s Destructive Education System  (Read 187 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
America’s Destructive Education System
« on: December 08, 2023, 03:31:55 pm »
December 8, 2023
America’s Destructive Education System
By Alexander G. Markovsky

In 1983, the Reagan administration published a report titled “A Nation at Risk: The Imperative of Education Reform.” The report warned that the decay of American schools was threatening the country’s very survival. But the powerful amalgamation of teachers’ unions, state bureaucracies, and the Democrat establishment defeated the initiative. Committed to preserving the status quo, this special interest group became the guardian of American education, maintaining complete control of the education curriculum and using its position to subvert innovation in education. No surprise, this group enjoys the systematic support of the Democratic Party and the Biden administration.

Ironically, the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s subverted the education system by offering equal opportunities in education and employment. As usual, the left confused equality of opportunity with equality of results. Integrated schools were supposed to provide quality education for all children regardless of color. In reality, there were large gaps between the education, behavior, and performance of white and black children. However, the schools took the easy route. Instead of recognizing these differences, enforcing discipline, and providing black children with additional help and assistance, the schools geared their curricula and educational standards to the lowest common denominator. In doing so, they indeed produced equality—equality in illiteracy.

Thinking about the significance of education, I recall my first day of school in the Soviet Union. The principal made the educational values she expected of seven-year-olds perfectly clear, in words no child would ever forget. “Children,” she said, “No one will get out of here illiterate. Those who want to learn, we will teach you; those who don’t, we will force you.”

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/12/americas_destructive_education_system.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: America’s Destructive Education System
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2023, 04:14:44 pm »
America no longer has an "Education System" instead we have an Indoctrination System!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien