Author Topic: Ramaswamy faces backlash over debate performance  (Read 956 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ramaswamy faces backlash over debate performance
« on: December 08, 2023, 02:23:31 pm »
 Ramaswamy faces backlash over debate performance
by Caroline Vakil - 12/07/23 6:08 PM ET

Vivek Ramaswamy emerged from the fourth GOP debate in Alabama facing backlash from Republicans over his aggressive performance.

The 38-year-old GOP millennial called former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley “fascist” and compared her campaign launch video to “a woke Dylan Mulvaney Bud Light ad,” while claiming former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s (R) “version of foreign policy experience was closing a bridge from New Jersey to New York.”

His attacks were met with blowback from his GOP competitors, while some strategists afterward argued the tactics demonstrated he was an unserious presidential candidate.

“Most of the people do not like the below-the-belt punches,” Republican strategist Scott Jennings said. “You know, too-cute-by-a-half rhetorical. You know, sneak attacks — whatever you want to call it. They just think it’s out of bounds, especially coming from him.”

Jennings said that while Ramaswamy may have been trying to emulate former President Trump, whom Ramaswamy has often praised, it wasn’t selling.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4348840-vivek-ramaswamy-debate-nikki-haley-chris-christie-donald-trump-january-6/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Ramaswamy faces backlash over debate performance
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2023, 03:35:48 pm »
Far as I'm concerned he laid it on the line and called it for what it is. Some of those things needed to be said. He gets no fault from me on that.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 04:11:40 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2023, 04:08:08 pm »
Tactics might have been a tad over the top, but the bitch had it coming.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 04:11:57 pm »
Far as I'm concerned he laid it on the line and called it for what it is. Some of those things needed to be s aid. He gets no fault from me on that.

:yowsa: I agree entirely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2023, 04:15:45 pm »
Far as I'm concerned he laid it on the line and called it for what it is. Some of those things needed to be s aid. He gets no fault from me on that.

I agree. He didn't hold back on what is happening and maybe opened some eyes.  I don't particularly like the guy, nor do I trust him, but I think he did well in the debate.  Nikki needs to be put in her place and from what I did see of the debate she wasn't too happy and seems to succumb to pressure when the truth about her comes out. She wants the presidency, she needs to be able to stand her ground.  Just because she's a female doesn't mean others have to tip-toe around her.  If she can't stand the heat, she truly needs to step aside.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 04:16:59 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2023, 04:21:40 pm »
I agree. He didn't hold back on what is happening and maybe opened some eyes.  I don't particularly like the guy, nor do I trust him, but I think he did well in the debate.  Nikki needs to be put in her place and from what I did see of the debate she wasn't too happy and seems to succumb to pressure when the truth about her comes out.  Just because she's a female doesn't mean others have to tip-toe around her.  If she can't stand the heat, she truly needs to step aside.

Feel the same, but his bamblasting rant at Rona and MSM at an earlier debate, was one of the best moments in this arena in the past 10 years.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2023, 05:55:51 pm »
I see Nikki Haley as a cocktail napkin country club Republican. I dunno about anyone else.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2023, 06:52:20 pm »
The problem with Ramaswamy doing what he did at the debate is that he did it against Trump's challengers, while leaving untouched Trump himself.  It's just a different version of Liz Cheney going after Trump while giving Biden and the Democrats a free pass.

He's just Trump's attack dog.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2023, 10:47:40 pm »
Agree with Vulcan, Catfish, Bigun and bele.

There's a reason Mr. Ramaswamy is "taking on flak".
Keep on swinging, Vivek...!

The major said:
"The problem with Ramaswamy doing what he did at the debate is that he did it against Trump's challengers, while leaving untouched Trump himself."

Au Contraire, this IS NOT "a problem".
It's called careful manuevering.

Mr. Ramaswamy has no intentions of trying to take out Mr. Trump this time around. Anyone who believes that is missing that his "goal" of being a candidate this year is not to actually become "the candidate", but to position himself for the future.

And by not attacking Mr. Trump, Vivek will earn a place in a second Trump administration in which he can significantly further his ambitions.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2023, 10:54:52 pm »
Tactics might have been a tad over the top, but the bitch had it coming.

"Tactics"??  LOL!

That's the way many people talk when they have "Eff You" money.

You saw it the other day with Elon Musk.

And "X" and "Tesla" aside, "Space X" is worth $145B.

Just as Donald Trump...Vivek isn't getting into politics for the $$$.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2023, 11:01:37 pm »
Feel the same, but his bamblasting rant at Rona and MSM at an earlier debate, was one of the best moments in this arena in the past 10 years.

:yowsa:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2023, 06:15:04 am »

Au Contraire, this IS NOT "a problem".
It's called careful manuevering.

We agree completely on that, though I suspect we have different takeaways from that. 

To me, he's not being the least bit principled, or courageous, or conservative.  He's just doing whatever it is he thinks will ingratiate himself the most with Trump and his loyalists.

As you say, it's just "careful maneuvering."

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2023, 10:00:18 am »
I will never cast a vote for that greasy, backstabbing POS Ramaswamy.  That little bitch would be perfectly fine with all of Europe under the Russian jackboot.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2023, 12:42:19 pm »
We agree completely on that, though I suspect we have different takeaways from that. 

To me, he's not being the least bit principled, or courageous, or conservative.  He's just doing whatever it is he thinks will ingratiate himself the most with Trump and his loyalists.

As you say, it's just "careful maneuvering."
Agreed. I thought he was trying to attitudinally align with Trump voters, because Trump wasn’t there to do it himself.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2023, 05:57:36 pm »
Agreed. I thought he was trying to attitudinally align with Trump voters, because Trump wasn’t there to do it himself.
Isn't that what's colloquially known as "kissing ass"? Golly how surprising coming from another 'non politician'....like Trump :silly:

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2023, 06:24:25 pm »
Isn't that what's colloquially known as "kissing ass"? Golly how surprising coming from another 'non politician'....like Trump :silly:

Yup, Trump the narcissist needs his butt-kissing sycophant fanboys.  Never mind the politicians.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.