Author Topic: Yes, Inflation Is Sort Of Your Fault.. David Harsanyi  (Read 759 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yes, Inflation Is Sort Of Your Fault.. David Harsanyi
« on: December 07, 2023, 03:10:17 pm »
Yes, Inflation Is Sort Of Your Fault
David Harsanyi

“If people are so mad about high prices, why do they keep buying so many expensive things?” wonders Annie Lowrey in an Atlantic piece headlined, “Inflation Is Your Fault.”

Well, I assume demand remains high because individuals work and save to purchase things they need and like for themselves and their families — even when they’re mad about the price. We’re not automatons, after all.

Indeed, we should be happy that consumers continue to buy “so many expensive things.” Because imagine what a collective national effort to purposely buy less stuff looks like. Such an effort would cost millions of jobs — many of them tied to the holiday spending. If we suddenly stopped buying, Democrats wouldn’t be able to go on about the allegedly strong employment market, which has yet to recover the pre-pandemic labor participation rate. 

But, yes, we are to blame for inflation, for a different reason.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2023/12/07/yes-inflation-is-sort-of-your-fault/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Yes, Inflation Is Sort Of Your Fault.. David Harsanyi
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023, 03:48:18 pm »
We ain't buying high ticket luxury items Annie Lowrey, but I did buy grocery's and occasionally, a nice steak in place of the lesser cuts of beef.  And for that, I do apologize.  It is my fault. 

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2023, 04:00:23 pm »
Government is the leading cause of inflation.

Food, electricity, gasoline, heat, housing are not discretionary consumer goods and services.

Non-Transitory Inflation is the result of Global Climate Change policies which prohibit growth and development.

Go ahead, try to make, build, or develop something in this country, especially in the Blue States.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2023, 04:08:37 pm »
Government is the leading cause of inflation.

It is so nearly absolute that one could say 'Government is the ONLY cause of inflation'.  I cannot think of any large inflationary cycle that was not caused by over-printing fiat currency, causing devaluation.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2023, 06:04:29 pm »
It is so nearly absolute that one could say 'Government is the ONLY cause of inflation'.  I cannot think of any large inflationary cycle that was not caused by over-printing fiat currency, causing devaluation.

Correctamundo.  Whoever controls the money supply controls inflation.  It is that simple.  As Reagan famously said:  “We don’t have inflation because the people are living well. We have inflation because the government is living too well.”

From 1790 to 1930, the UK had zero inflation.  For 140 years, the UK chose not to expand its money supply.  The same number of dollars chasing the same amount of goods.  But then in the 1930s, John Maynard Keynes showed up.  After that, all bets were off.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2023, 06:29:40 pm »
Correctamundo.  Whoever controls the money supply controls inflation.  It is that simple.  As Reagan famously said:  “We don’t have inflation because the people are living well. We have inflation because the government is living too well.”

From 1790 to 1930, the UK had zero inflation.  For 140 years, the UK chose not to expand its money supply.  The same number of dollars chasing the same amount of goods.  But then in the 1930s, John Maynard Keynes showed up.  After that, all bets were off.

The last three presidents, starting from Obama, then Trump, and now Biden, all are believers in the Keynesian school of economics and it shows
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2023, 09:29:47 pm »

But there's MORE! And in that, because it is a government contrivance, IT IS A TAX on real money wherein the government has already taken its pound of flesh before the fact in undefiled cash, leaving you and me to pay it back with cash that's worth 30% (or whatever) less...

All that's left is the finger-pointing, and that's never pointed at the dirty bastards that have robbed you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2023, 02:31:44 am »
But there's MORE! And in that, because it is a government contrivance, IT IS A TAX on real money wherein the government has already taken its pound of flesh before the fact in undefiled cash, leaving you and me to pay it back with cash that's worth 30% (or whatever) less...

And it is a tax that was never passed by Congress, much less voted for.  And it is a tax that hits the middle class and poor the hardest while bypassing the rich who have their wealth protected.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2023, 03:39:08 am »
And it is a tax that was never passed by Congress, much less voted for.  And it is a tax that hits the middle class and poor the hardest while bypassing the rich who have their wealth protected.

And the uneducated wail at us as if we're the ones taking away their birthdays.
You're just layin down the truth - An unassailable fact.

Unless Tumpy does it, I guess.  *****rollingeyes*****

This should be SUCH a stain that NO Republican would ever vote for it... But here they are beggin for more. It's a damn cryin shame, that's what it is.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2023, 04:16:32 am »

Unless Tumpy does it, I guess.  *****rollingeyes*****

This should be SUCH a stain that NO Republican would ever vote for it... But here they are beggin for more. It's a damn cryin shame, that's what it is.

Mind boggling, isn't it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2023, 04:21:22 am »
Mind boggling, isn't it

Absolutely. But it's just about the same thing as what happened with Palin. People SO wrapped up in the Brylcreme and Dentyne schwing they forget all about the receipts.

It's so utterly vapid.