Author Topic: House censures Bowman for falsely pulling fire alarm  (Read 627 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House censures Bowman for falsely pulling fire alarm
« on: December 07, 2023, 04:01:58 pm »
 House censures Bowman for falsely pulling fire alarm
by Mychael Schnell - 12/07/23 10:56 AM ET

House Republicans censured Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D-N.Y.) on Thursday after he falsely pulled a fire alarm in a House office building in September, hitting the New York Democrat with a congressional reprimand that liberals derided as “extreme” and “profoundly stupid.”

The chamber voted 214-191-5, mostly along party lines, on the resolution to censure Bowman. Three Democrats voted with all present Republicans in favor of the censure.

The public rebuke came more than two months after Bowman — during a high-stakes vote to avert a government shutdown on Sept. 30 — falsely pulled a fire alarm in the Cannon House Office Building, triggering an evacuation.

The New York Democrat was charged with a misdemeanor on Oct. 25 and pleaded guilty the next day. He entered an agreement with prosecutors that requires him to write an apology to Capitol Police and pay a $1,000 fine. Last month, the House Ethics Committee said it declined to launch an investigation into the incident.

Republicans accused Bowman of intentionally pulling the fire alarm in an attempt to delay the vote on the government funding bill. Then-Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) unveiled the “clean” continuing resolution earlier that day and quickly scheduled a vote on the measure — leaving Democrats little time to read the legislation. Democratic leadership had deployed stall tactics to buy the caucus more time to parse the bill.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4347631-bowman-censure-fire-alarm/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: House censures Bowman for falsely pulling fire alarm
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023, 04:15:00 pm »
False fire alarms are not a trivial matter, especially for First Responders.

He pulled the Alarm to interrupt and interfere with an official proceeding of Congress.  A "criminal referral" should be sent to DOJ.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2023, 04:50:05 pm »

He pulled the Alarm to interrupt and interfere with an official proceeding of Congress.  A "criminal referral" should be sent to DOJ.
There is no DOJ anymore.
There is a department of Trump.
There is a department of Catholics.
There is a department of January 6.
There is a department of angry parents.
But there is no department of justice anymore <- ask ANTIFA or BLM about the DOJ. They will tell you it is friggin JOKE
The DOJ has become nothing more than a branch office of the DNC.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2023, 04:57:23 pm »
Send the referral to DOJ anyway ... let it be a turd in DOJ's punchbowl.

The point of dropping a hot potato in your opponent's lap is to put the heat back on him.  Hold DOJ accountable in the Press for its hypocritical selective political non-prosecution of Dem for the same crime that hundreds of MAGA's are being prosecuted for.

In the DOJ's eyes, why is it acceptable for a Dem to interfere with an official proceeding of Congress?  If we are a nation of laws, why is the same thing a crime when committed by one person, but not a crime when committed by someone else?

This whole GOP it's useless-to-try self-defeatism schtick is ticking me off.

If a GOP House or Senate member doesn't have any fight left in themselves, they should step aside so a useful person can occupy his seat.

Damned Goth Republicans.

There is no DOJ anymore.
There is a department of Trump.
There is a department of Catholics.
There is a department of January 6.
There is a department of angry parents.
But there is no department of justice anymore <- ask ANTIFA or BLM about the DOJ. They will tell you it is friggin JOKE
The DOJ has become nothing more than a branch office of the DNC.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 05:07:10 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2023, 05:25:42 pm »
@DefiantMassRINO
Hold DOJ accountable in the Press for its hypocritical selective political non-prosecution of Dem for the same crime that hundreds of MAGA's are being prosecuted for.

Glad you wrote that. Was my first thought when it happened. "Supposedly" disrupting an official proceeding is "supposed" to be against the law and punishable with 10 years to life. But the law only applies if you are Republican, or if you wear a hat with horns on it.

Why the Republicans in D.C. are not doing more to help the Jan 6 political prisoners being held illegally in a gulag, is a real true mystery. I do not know why they refuse to get involved. Cowardice? Indifference? I genuinely do not understand it?

The "press" will never report crimes committed by Democrats.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2023, 12:26:16 am »
Dat bees racissist,n'Biden!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2023, 12:27:29 am »

@DefiantMassRINO

I agree,but we all know it ain't gonna happen because SOME Congresscritters are MORE "equal" than other Congresscritters.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2023, 12:31:22 am »
@DefiantMassRINO
Hold DOJ accountable in the Press for its hypocritical selective political non-prosecution of Dem for the same crime that hundreds of MAGA's are being prosecuted for.

Glad you wrote that. Was my first thought when it happened. "Supposedly" disrupting an official proceeding is "supposed" to be against the law and punishable with 10 years to life. But the law only applies if you are Republican, or if you wear a hat with horns on it.

Why the Republicans in D.C. are not doing more to help the Jan 6 political prisoners being held illegally in a gulag, is a real true mystery. I do not know why they refuse to get involved. Cowardice? Indifference? I genuinely do not understand it?

The "press" will never report crimes committed by Democrats.

@240B

It is a mystery to me.

Yes,I DO understand that there are too many (2 is too many,IMHO) alleged Republicans doing  "under the counter business" with the DNC,but even given  that,you would THINK the RNC would at least pretend to be conservative.

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2023, 12:44:25 am »
   This should finally put to rest these nasty, persistent rumours that the Trump/Ronna Party doesn't have any balls. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2023, 02:09:01 pm »
Bowman Complains About Censure Because He Took ‘Responsibility’ and Claims ‘Only Some of the Video Was Released’

On Thursday’s broadcast of “CNN Newsnight,” Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D-NY) criticized Republicans for censuring him “even though, after the fire alarm incident, I took full responsibility right away.” And also claimed that “only some of the video was released, not the entire video.”

Bowman said, “It’s another example of how the Republican Party is not serious about governing. They have no ideas. They have no policies. They can’t inspire the American people. So, they focused on censuring me, even though, after the fire alarm incident, I took full responsibility right away. The legal process is playing itself out, and if all things go well, the case will be completely dismissed in January. I have to pay a fine. … So, once again, the party is focused on censures and culture wars and messaging and not focused on governing for the American people. So, it’s unfortunate.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/12/07/bowman-complains-about-censure-because-he-took-responsibility-and-claims-only-some-of-the-video-was-released/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2023, 04:16:14 pm »
 :silly: Bowman complains about being censured is not fair, that what was released on the video wasn't the real real and anyways he done said oops! so it's all OK.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2023, 05:22:59 pm »
Just a Censure?

That's akin to making him miss Ice Creme Day at the next House Social.

How about some committee membership removals like previously with MTG.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 05:25:02 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.