Author Topic: The Most Insufferable Woman In America Wins Time’s ‘Person Of The Year’  (Read 2038 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Most Insufferable Woman Wins Time's 'Person Of The Year'
Evita Duffy-Alfonso
6–8 minutes

To the surprise of no one, corporate media darling Taylor Swift was named Time Magazine’s “Person of the Year” on Wednesday. In the lead-up to the announcement, Taylor Swift and her Eras Tour have dominated media headlines. Her hype has gotten so out of control that Harvard is now offering a class on Taylor Swift.

The question we all should be asking ourselves is why? Sure, her concerts have gone gangbusters this year, she has an undeniably devoted fan base, and her music is wildly well-known. As a 24-year-old woman, I know a thing or two about the Taylor Swift effect. Like every other female around my age, I listened to “Shake It Off” and “Our Song” in high school. Taylor Swift’s music, particularly the older stuff, evokes a palpable nostalgia shared by millennial and Gen Z women everywhere. But just because her music is popular, and for some sentimental, does not mean it’s good.

Swift’s melodies are objectively uncomplicated and repetitive. YouTuber and pianist David Bennett found that she’s used the same chord progression in more than 20 of her songs. “It’s not that uncommon for a songwriter to write more than one song using a particular chord progression,” Bennett explained in one video. “They might write three, four, maybe even five songs using the exact same order of chords. However, Taylor Swift takes this to a whole new level.”

more
https://thefederalist.com/2023/12/07/the-most-insufferable-woman-in-america-wins-times-person-of-the-year/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Well, at least it was an actual female not some tuck or cut nut.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So, the Person of the Year is an entertainer? ... How vapidly American.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online roamer_1

Swift? The MOST insufferable? Hardly. In the vast field of nuts that populate our 'upper echelons' of society, Taylor Swift is of incidental mention. I have hardly even heard of her much after her country pop days.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I heard Hamas was close to getting the top spot.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Good business decision for Time, I suppose, but with the world a lit match or two from burning, I’d expect the magazine to be more serious.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DB

Hi have a lot of music. Not a single Taylor Swift song - I don't even know a single Swift song... I plan on keeping it that way...

Online goatprairie

Hi have a lot of music. Not a single Taylor Swift song - I don't even know a single Swift song... I plan on keeping it that way...
Ditto. I believe I have enough music recorded before 1990 to keep my satisfied for the rest of my life. Of course, some of the music I listen to (and play on my guitar) goes back 400-500 years. Yes, I'm an old fogey stuck in my ways.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Ok. I’ll admit it. I have a few select Taylor Swift songs in my playlist.  :whistle:

They are all from her early albums. I do like “Love Story”, but I really only play Taylor when I’m driving my granddaughter somewhere. She likes to sing along and Swift’s early songs are catchy and harmless.

There’s a long, long list of females who are far more insufferable than Taylor Swift. Dr. Jill  is tops.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Is she insufferable? I can't recall her saying anything that bad.

Online LMAO

Well, at least it was an actual female not some tuck or cut nut.

Yes. There is that
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

She's utterly irrelevant to me, so I don't consider her insufferable. I don't know any of her music, don't care about her love life, and would barely recognize her if I tripped over her. People like Sandy Ocasio Cortez, Joy Reid, Jill Biden, and that ilk are way more insufferable, in my opinion.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I don't know anything really about her to judge other than she's been in the headlines a lot and I haven't taken the time to read the articles about her.  I'm not interested.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
She's utterly irrelevant to me, so I don't consider her insufferable. I don't know any of her music, don't care about her love life, and would barely recognize her if I tripped over her. People like Sandy Ocasio Cortez, Joy Reid, Jill Biden, and that ilk are way more insufferable, in my opinion.

:yowsa: Absolutely! (I wouldn't know her if I saw her.)
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

Ok. I’ll admit it. I have a few select Taylor Swift songs in my playlist.  :whistle:

They are all from her early albums. I do like “Love Story”, but I really only play Taylor when I’m driving my granddaughter somewhere. She likes to sing along and Swift’s early songs are catchy and harmless.

There’s a long, long list of females who are far more insufferable than Taylor Swift. Dr. Jill  is tops.

'You Belong to Me'... Not for anything other than my daughters playing the vid incessantly... But that one I can probably sing by heart...

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
'You Belong to Me'... Not for anything other than my daughters playing the vid incessantly... But that one I can probably sing by heart...

Carly Simon's song?  Doobie Bros?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukkRG-flg20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk3dfywQ50I
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 07:43:58 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She is all for Biden. BILLIONS of her 12-14 year old fans will vote for him at her command.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
She is all for Biden. BILLIONS of her 12-14 year old fans will vote for him at her command.

Think it's more of "Give them bread, circuses, and gambling"...while we get back to transforming the U.S.A..
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I would know her..her face is plastered all over the news sites I go to looking for stories to post here especially the NYPost and Fox News.

I don't think I have ever heard her sing and cannot understand the fascination about her.....but hey my Mom said the same thing about my Beatlemania stage..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

Carly Simon's song?  Doobie Bros?

This is from her early work when she was very well received in a sort of bubblegum country pop... It's how she started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuNIsY6JdUw

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Good business decision for Time, I suppose, but with the world a lit match or two from burning, I’d expect the magazine to be more serious.
That's a good point.

There were quite a few more influential people. OpenAI's Sam Altman, King Charles III (being the first new Commonwealth monarch in 70 years), and Xi Jinping were all much stronger cases. Though the shortlist had some abstract ones ("Trump prosecutors," "Hollywood strikers"), a few whose notability actually went down from previous years (Putin, Jerome Powell, though even Xi might fit that bill compared to 2020) and "Barbie," who isn't even a person (if they're going to go that route, just give it to Greta Gerwig, who directed that movie).

Me, I would've picked Altman, narrowly over King Charles.

But none of those names is going to sell magazines. Swifties are notorious consumers.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline berdie

That's a good point.

There were quite a few more influential people. OpenAI's Sam Altman, King Charles III (being the first new Commonwealth monarch in 70 years), and Xi Jinping were all much stronger cases. Though the shortlist had some abstract ones ("Trump prosecutors," "Hollywood strikers"), a few whose notability actually went down from previous years (Putin, Jerome Powell, though even Xi might fit that bill compared to 2020) and "Barbie," who isn't even a person (if they're going to go that route, just give it to Greta Gerwig, who directed that movie).

Me, I would've picked Altman, narrowly over King Charles.

But none of those names is going to sell magazines. Swifties are notorious consumers.
[/b]

That's the crux of the matter. I can't say I'm a Swift fan. The music is pretty much the same and the lyrics are repetitive. But I find that to be pretty much the same with all the new artists.

That being said, I do kind of like Shake It Off. It's catchy. :laugh:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Swift? The MOST insufferable? Hardly. In the vast field of nuts that populate our 'upper echelons' of society, Taylor Swift is of incidental mention. I have hardly even heard of her much after her country pop days.

@roamer_1

I agree.

She doesn't even score in the "Top 100 irsufferable" category.

After all,if you don't tune in to her music,you don't even know she exists.

She is,in effect,harmless.

I was guessing it would be someone like Hillary Clinton or Babs.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

I was guessing it would be someone like Hillary Clinton or Babs.

@sneakypete

I was thinking of my ex... But maybe that's just me. Dunno.  :pondering: :shrug: :laugh:

Online unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
So, the Person of the Year is an entertainer? ... How vapidly American.

She's a manufactured celebrity.

She's about the most shallow person you can imagine.
Which means she's the PERFECT role model that the global ruling clique
has chosen for the dumb masses.

When someone says, "I'm voting for Biden because Taylor Swift says so!"
that person has just told you the ENTIRE contents of their intellect!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao