Author Topic: US military base's green energy project with CCP ties disconnected over national security concerns  (Read 230 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

US military base's green energy project with CCP ties disconnected over national security concerns
Story by Thomas Catenacci  •
18h

A U.S. energy developer said it shuttered a battery storage facility connected to its solar panel array located on Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune in North Carolina, citing national security concerns.

North Carolina-based Duke Energy confirmed to Fox News Digital Wednesday the facility, which began operations in April, was disconnected late last week after Republican lawmakers in both the House and Senate raised concerns about the project.

The storage facility was constructed with batteries manufactured by Contemporary Amperex Technology, Limited (CATL), a Chinese company with ties to the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) apparatus.

"Nevertheless, some concerns about this project have been raised, and, as a result, Duke Energy disconnected these batteries as we work to address these questions," Duke Energy spokesperson Kaitlin Kirshner told Fox News Digital in a statement. "As an American energy company, we welcome the ability to use American-manufactured batteries.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-military-bases-green-energy-project-with-ccp-ties-disconnected-over-national-security-concerns/ar-AA1l6IFZ
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Military intelligence just discovered the connection to the CCP?  Well, military intelligence is an oxymoron. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Did the Chi-com spy balloon snap some pics prior to being shotdown after its intelligence mission was complete?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright