Author Topic: LIVE THREAD....4th GOP Debate in Alabama  (Read 7893 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: LIVE THREAD....4th GOP Debate in Alabama
« Reply #225 on: December 10, 2023, 02:13:10 pm »
@catfish1957

So  you are going to vote for Cal,come election time?

Don't let him being dead  stop you. The dead will be voting in droves come election time,so why not vote for a dead candidate if you want change?

That would make as much sense as most of what you support politically.

King of the Strawmen
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #226 on: December 10, 2023, 03:55:12 pm »
Naturally, Trumpanistas call upon a far-left "analysis" to support their need to disparage anyone and anything that challenges the object of their affection.

Besides,  Coolidge wasn’t president in 1929.

MAGA thrives on ignorance. It thrives because there’s no intellectual curiosity among its followers. MAGA collapses under scrutiny. Trump himself even stated he loves the “poorly educated”  Now you see why
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #227 on: December 10, 2023, 04:29:33 pm »
Calvin Coolidge was the last U. S. president to actually cut the federal budget.

No wonder Trump supporters hate Coolidge.  They just can't get enough deficit spending.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #228 on: December 10, 2023, 05:01:32 pm »
No wonder Trump supporters hate Coolidge.  They just can't get enough deficit spending.

I see you have an Eisenhower quote in your tagline

Here’s a couple more Eisenhower quotes and compare that to the MAGA movement in the GOP

If prices and wages were to stay high or go higher in economic contraction, the outlook for stability at other times was bleak.
Why worry, some asked? Why not let prices creep upward forever? Inflation can get out of hand; beginning with a creep, it can end with a gallop. Inflation hurts people. Price increases averaging merely 1% a year will in 25 years cheapen the dollar by more than 1/5.
Huge federal spending, even when covered completely by tax revenues, can in itself provoke inflation. When the economy was performing at capacity and the federal budget was in balance, the government should try to increase its surplus by cutting spending, by postponing projects which, however desirable, are not immediately necessary. For, at a time of full employment, an increase in either federal or private spending will tend to bring on an increase in prices.
Whether or not these things were widely understood, I believed in them.

And

My view is unshakable: When the economy is booming and the federal government concurrently is spending so heavily as to create sizable deficits, inflationary pressures are bound to build up and the cost of living can be expected to increase. This is economic irresponsibility, practiced only by those who believe that next month's profit and loss statement is more important than the long-term and steady growth of a free economy. Playing with inflation is the height of reckless folly. Plentiful examples past and present, demonstrate the validity of these convictions.
Our overriding purpose was to promote economic growth while keeping prices reasonably stable.

MAGA is so economically illiterate it hurts. They are not much better than the current clowns running our economy.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 05:06:15 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #229 on: December 10, 2023, 05:27:47 pm »
I see you have an Eisenhower quote in your tagline

Here’s a couple more Eisenhower quotes and compare that to the MAGA movement in the GOP

Thank you for posting, @LMAO .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #230 on: December 13, 2023, 11:22:33 pm »
Thank you for posting, @LMAO .

Compare those quotes to what we are hearing from the GOP front runner today??

Barry Goldwater

Offline corbe

« Reply #231 on: December 13, 2023, 11:51:01 pm »
   I just chalk it up to another time that hellary screwed America because if she wasn't running in 16 Trump would have run in his natural party's primary~dem.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.