Author Topic: Biden-favored EV bus maker Proterra goes bust and leaves a trail of broken and irreparable buses  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden-favored EV bus maker Proterra goes bust and leaves a trail of broken and irreparable buses
Proterra, which President Joe Biden once said was "making me look good," sold hundreds of electric buses to municipalities across North America. Every transit district Just The News spoke with, except one, has inoperable buses awaiting repairs.

By Kevin Killough
Published: December 5, 2023 11:00pm

Across the country, towns and cities of various sizes envisioned an electrified public transit system that could shuttle residents with vehicles that produced no carbon-filled exhaust.

Many of those communities purchased buses from Silicon Valley-based Proterra, which was able to produce 550 buses over its 19-year existence before it went bankrupt in August.

The company announced last month it had concluded auctions as part of its Chapter 11 bankruptcy process, and in the wake of its collapse public transit systems tell Just The News they have inoperable buses that can’t be repaired because the company is slow to supply parts to fix them.

Crony Capitalism

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/energy/bankrupt-biden-favored-proterra-leaves-trail-broken-buses-cant-be-repaired
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 03:27:24 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Of the 550 buses, I reckon that at least 500 of them may never run again...