Author Topic: Commercial Tankers Refuel USAF F-15, F-16, and F-22 Fighters For First Time Ever  (Read 170 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Commercial Tankers Refuel USAF F-15, F-16, and F-22 Fighters For First Time Ever
Dec. 5, 2023 | By Unshin Lee Harpley

Three types of U.S. Air Force fighter aircraft participated in air-to-air refueling with commercial tankers for the first time last month, coinciding with a bilateral exercise between the U.S. and Singapore that concluded Nov. 24.

‘Commando Sling’ began Nov. 6 and featured six F-16 Fighting Falcons from the 51st Fighter Wing at Osan Air Base, South Korea. On Nov. 9, Pacific Air Forces announced a commercial KDC-10 tanker refueled the F-16s en route to Singapore, with plans to also refuel F-15s and F-22s before the end of the exercise.

A PACAF spokesperson later confirmed to Air & Space Forces Magazine that commercial tankers refueled F-15C and F-22 fighters, though they declined to reveal the exact dates and locations.

The missions mark a milestone for the Air Force, which typically relies on its own tankers to keep its aircraft flying but has started to dip its toe into the commercial refueling world. In June, a commercial refueler linked up with E-3 Sentry and RC-135 Rivet Joint aircraft during during an exercise, the first ever instance for any U.S. Air Force aircraft.

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/commercial-tankers-refuel-usaf-fighters/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson