Author Topic: Why Won’t those Troglodytes Trust Us and How, How, How! Can We Finally Get Through to THEM?!!! Numbe  (Read 151 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why Won’t those Troglodytes Trust Us and How, How, How! Can We Finally Get Through to THEM?!!! Number Eleventy Zillion
17 hours ago Charles Rotter 115 Comments
More rending of garments.

There’s a lot of bad science papers out there, but this may be a hall of famer.

nature human behavior presents:

Psychological inoculation strategies to fight climate disinformation across 12 countries

It is clearly written by “social science” “researchers” whose knowledge of the underlying subject matter is on a level of grade school indoctrination. Well…high school these days. Here is the abstract, emphasis mine.

Decades after the scientific debate about the anthropogenic causes of climate change was settled, climate disinformation still challenges the scientific evidence in public discourse. Here we present a comprehensive theoretical framework of (anti)science belief formation and updating to account for the psychological factors that influence the acceptance or rejection of scientific messages. We experimentally investigated, across 12 countries (N = 6,816), the effectiveness of six inoculation strategies targeting these factors—scientific consensus, trust in scientists, transparent communication, moralization of climate action, accuracy and positive emotions—to fight real-world disinformation about climate science and mitigation actions. While exposure to disinformation had strong detrimental effects on participants’ climate change beliefs (δ = −0.16), affect towards climate mitigation action (δ = −0.33), ability to detect disinformation (δ = −0.14) and pro-environmental behaviour (δ = −0.24), we found almost no evidence for protective effects of the inoculations (all δ < 0.20). We discuss the implications of these findings and propose ways forward to fight climate disinformation.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41562-023-01736-0

That stupid public discourse and all those knuckle-dragging morons who dare, actually dare to doubt our sacred SETTLED SCIENCE®

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/12/05/why-wont-those-troglodytes-trust-us-and-how-how-how-can-we-finally-get-through-to-them-number-eleventy-zillion/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson