Author Topic: Denver officials blast 'cheap shot' as bus full of migrants arrives at state Capitol  (Read 240 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Denver officials blast 'cheap shot' as bus full of migrants arrives at state Capitol
Story by Adam Manno  •
6h

A bus full of migrants has been dropped off at the Colorado state Capitol.

The migrants arrived at the government building from Texas on Monday morning, leaving city officials shocked.

"This feels like a cheap shot," Denver Human Services spokesman Jon Ewing told the Denver Gazette. "It feels intentional. Our shelters are not downtown. They are in different parts of the city but not right downtown. Some are even off of the interstate. All a driver has to do is just take an exit and you drop them right off."

The mastermind behind the drop-off has not come forward, but Texas Gov. Greg Abbot has bussed more than 7,800 migrants to Denver since May as part of his "Operation Lone Star."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/denver-officials-blast-cheap-shot-as-bus-full-of-migrants-arrives-at-state-capitol/ar-AA1l4aQY?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=7e9c2b311807443d98cb6d69c16d3269&ei=48
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
NIMBY, anyone?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis