Author Topic: Nikki Haley rakes in cash — from Democrats looking to stop Trump  (Read 537 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Nikki Haley rakes in cash — from Democrats looking to stop Trump
By Social Links for Lydia Moynihan
Published Nov. 30, 2023, 4:36 p.m. ET

As Nikki Haley nabs endorsements from Republican kingmakers, some wealthy Democratic donors also have begun quietly funneling cash to her campaign, On The Money has learned.

In a desperate bid to chip away at Donald Trump’s odds for the GOP nomination, a coterie of DNC donors are sending checks to Haley — even as they continue to publicly voice support for Biden and push for his White House bid, sources said.

Deep-pocketed participants view the unusual diversion of funds as an “opposition effort” against another Trump presidency, according to insiders.

“If we’re going to lose, let’s lose to her, not Trump,” one source said of Democratic donors’ thinking.

Wealthy donors can obscure contributions to candidates by funneling cash through shell companies to political nonprofits — donations that are referred to as “dark money”.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/11/30/business/nikki-haley-rakes-in-cash-from-democrats-looking-to-stop-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Nikki Haley rakes in cash — from Democrats looking to stop Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 08:41:58 pm »
Tara Servatius
@TaraServatius
INCREDIBLE. In 2010, Nikki Haley told Vogue she didn't know if she was a Democrat or Republican when she ran for office, but that Hillary inspired her to run. Haley's Democrat donors know the answer. She's one of them!
3:09 PM · Dec 4, 2023

“Even though Haley rode the Tea Party into office in 2010, she told Vogue that she didn't know if she was a Republican or Democrat when she first considered running for state legislature, and it was Hillary Clinton who inspired her to run.”

https://twitter.com/snorman1776/status/1731522764513722672
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 08:47:59 pm »
Not an option, either, imho.

This election already sucks.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 08:52:57 pm »
Haley is the 'chosen' one; that's who the establishment wants on both sides of the aisle.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 09:22:25 pm »
Haley is the 'chosen' one; that's who the establishment wants on both sides of the aisle.
The Uniparty candidate...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2023, 09:23:34 pm »

The Koch announcement last week sealed the deal, and was a signal that the Bushy establishment wing of the party was now 100% behind Haley.

Now, she will have to be the forced VPOTUS pick if Trump wants the RNC funds he needs summer/fall 2024 to be competitive.  To me this is the ultimate worst case scenario for conservatives.  The orange left leaning menace, and the Queen of Wokeness, before it became fashionable.  Constitution Party Here I come.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 09:24:41 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2023, 09:28:25 pm »
Trump fired all his ammo at DeSantis so that he wouldn't be a threat, which left things wide open for Haley.

Can't stand her, but I'd take her before Trump.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2023, 09:33:57 pm »
Nikki Haley  comment on gun control and metal detectors in schools:
"Everybody wants to talk about gun control. My thing is, I don't want to take away your ability to protect yourself until they do those things that protect those kids." Haley continued.
(emphasis mine)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2023/03/27/nikki-haley-husband-new-hampshire-nashville/11552954002/

Note "until". Not a stand against gun control, only until they get metal detectors in schools.

Words matter. Sometimes even just one.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2023, 10:53:24 pm »
bele observed:
"Haley is the 'chosen' one; that's who the establishment wants on both sides of the aisle."
No, no, no, no, Nikki.... NO...!!

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2023, 12:48:05 am »
Trump fired all his ammo at DeSantis so that he wouldn't be a threat, which left things wide open for Haley.

Can't stand her, but I'd take her before Trump.

All Trump did was sneeze in Ronny's direction ----- and Ronny took himself down.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2023, 12:53:42 am »
All Trump did was sneeze in Ronny's direction ----- and Ronny took himself down.

They simply refuse to see it.  Willfully blind.

PRIDE.

...has to be it. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2023, 12:59:00 am »
Not an option, either, imho.

This election already sucks.

I’ve kind of already written off the 2024 election at least on the presidential level

We might get lucky in the Senate and maybe some state houses and governorships
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2023, 12:32:13 am »
Brian Schwartz
@schwartzbCNBC

Scoop: @NikkiHaley raised over $500k at a massive fundraising event with over 125 attendees, many of them from Wall Street. It's considered the best fundraising event she's had since entering the race for president.

4:17 PM · Dec 5, 2023