Author Topic: Republican Rep. Patrick McHenry won't seek re-election as congressional exodus expands  (Read 179 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Republican Rep. Patrick McHenry won't seek re-election as congressional exodus expands

Rep. Patrick McHenry, R-N.C., announcedTuesday that he will not seek re-election, once again expanding the coming congressional exodus.

McHenry said he will finish out the remainder of his term. The Republican is a close ally of former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy and served as interim-speaker in the time between McCarthy's ouster and the election of Speaker Mike Johnson.

"This is not a decision I come to lightly, but I believe there is a season for everything and—for me—this season has come to an end," McHenry said in a statement. "Past, present, and future, the House of Representatives is the center of our American republic. Through good and bad, during the highest of days and the lowest, and from proud to infamous times, the House is the venue for our nation’s disagreements bound up in our hopes for a better tomorrow. It is a truly special place and—as an American—my service here is undoubtedly my proudest."

The North Carolina congressman, who has served since 2005, is the 37th member of Congress to announce they will not be seeking re-election in 2024..................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republican-rep-patrick-mchenry-wont-seek-re-election-congressional-exodus-expands
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Looks like the Paul Ryan 2018 playbook has been activated.