Author Topic: Army hopes to field Dark Eagle hypersonic missile in summer 2024 after resolving problems with launc  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army hopes to field Dark Eagle hypersonic missile in summer 2024 after resolving problems with launcher

A big meeting about weapons testing was recently held, Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Doug Bush told DefenseScoop.
BY
JON HARPER
DECEMBER 3, 2023

SIMI VALLEY, Calif. — After a series of hiccups and schedule slippage, the Army is revising its approach to testing its long-range hypersonic weapon. And the service’s acquisition chief hopes the missiles can be fielded next summer.

Multiple scheduled flight tests of the Dark Eagle have been called off, most recently one that was slated for Oct. 26. Now, officials are charting a new course.

A “big meeting” was held this past week, Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Doug Bush told DefenseScoop on Saturday. It included his Navy counterpart Frederick “Jay” Stefany, their military deputies, and prime contractor Lockheed Martin.

The Army and Navy have been partnering on the development of hypersonics-related tech.

https://defensescoop.com/2023/12/03/army-hopes-to-field-dark-eagle-hypersonic-missile-in-summer-2024-after-resolving-problems-with-launcher/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The way these things typically work in the military, the system should come on-line around 2050. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson