Author Topic: Are the US military's Osprey aircraft safe to fly?  (Read 158 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Are the US military's Osprey aircraft safe to fly?
« on: December 05, 2023, 04:01:03 pm »

Are the US military's Osprey aircraft safe to fly?
Story by By Bernd Debusmann Jr - BBC News, Washington  •
21h

A deadly crash off the coast of Japan has once again sparked concerns about the safety of the US military's V-22 Osprey aircraft.

The incident marks the fourth time in two years that US-operated Ospreys were involved in fatal accidents.

Japan, the only other nation to operate Ospreys, has grounded its fleet and asked the US to do the same until the cause of the crash is determined.

The US has so far refused, and in the past insisted the aircraft is safe.

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other/are-the-us-militarys-osprey-aircraft-safe-to-fly/ar-AA1kZB6s
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Are the US military's Osprey aircraft safe to fly?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2023, 04:02:02 pm »
They wouldn't be safe if they were for commercial or civilian aviation! **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson