Author Topic: White House refuses to condemn progressive lawmaker over comments on Hamas' use of rape  (Read 243 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

White House refuses to condemn progressive lawmaker over comments on Hamas' use of rape
Story by Thomas Catenacci  •
15h

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre refused Monday to condemn comments from a top progressive lawmaker who called for "balance" when condemning Hamas' use of sexual violence against Israeli women.

Rep. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., who chairs the Congressional Progressive Caucus, said "we have to be balanced about bringing in the outrages against Palestinian" when asked specifically about mass rape committed by Palestinian militants, during an interview Sunday with CNN. When asked about Jayapal's comments, Jean-Pierre reiterated that using rape as a weapon of war was "reprehensible," but stopped short of condemning the congresswoman.

"I can only speak for the president — that's who I can speak for," Jean-Pierre told Fox News correspondent Jacqui Heinrich during the daily White House press briefing Monday. "We've been clear that what Hamas did is absolutely reprehensible, full stop. We're going to continue to be clear about that."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-house-refuses-to-condemn-progressive-lawmaker-over-comments-on-hamas-use-of-rape/ar-AA1l09pu?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3a1eb0b71abf4967be8d7f2576807f89&ei=31
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

I predict, at some point, anti-Semitism  will be a requirement for Democrats with the Democrat base
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats would no more desire to hold a Hamas or radical muslim accountable, than they would try a fellow democrat  accountable for crimes against humanity or treason or other felonies!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions