Author Topic: Pritzker Halts Construction On Brighton Park Migrant Shelter  (Read 207 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pritzker Halts Construction On Brighton Park Migrant Shelter
« on: December 05, 2023, 02:30:11 pm »
Pritzker Halts Construction On Brighton Park Migrant Shelter
Gov. J.B. Pritzker said he needs time to review an 800-page environmental report and to meet with EPA officials about site concerns.

Jeff Arnold,
Patch Staff
Verified Patch Staff Badge
Posted Mon, Dec 4, 2023 at 12:21 pm CT
|

CHICAGO — Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker has halted construction at a migrant shelter area in Chicago’s Brighton Park neighborhood pending an environmental study after an 800-page report released by the City of Chicago on Friday found there to be toxic materials at the site.

Neighborhood residents and Brighton Park’s alderperson have been vocal in their opposition to the site, which is expected to house up to 2,000 migrants during the winter months. On Friday, the city released the lengthy report, which showed dangerous levels of hazardous materials and other toxic chemicals were present.

Construction had started on the site last week despite environmental concerns. Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson said that work could begin at the site, claiming that concerns over the soil had already been addressed enough for the work to begin. In a statement issued last week, the city said that mercury that had been detected in the soil had been disposed of and that other areas of the space that had been found to include mercury had been excavated.

https://patch.com/illinois/chicago/pritzker-halts-construction-brighton-park-migrant-shelter
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Pritzker Halts Construction On Brighton Park Migrant Shelter
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2023, 02:32:03 pm »
He needs to read the report and eat a few dozen steaks before meat consumption becomes against the law.  A few dozen?  From the looks of him and boxcar full would be more accurate! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Pritzker Halts Construction On Brighton Park Migrant Shelter
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2023, 02:45:05 pm »
Every time I see Prickster, I expect to see him as an extra in a cheap Mob movie.

J the B pr*ck Smelly Weasel could be his name.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.