Author Topic: Joni Ernst blasts Biden administration for 'failing' border policies following Army-Navy hotel cance  (Read 197 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Joni Ernst blasts Biden administration for 'failing' border policies following Army-Navy hotel cancellations
by Rachel Schilke, Breaking News Reporter
 December 04, 2023 03:39 PM

Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA) blasted the Biden administration for its "failing" border policies and "directly harming military families" after veterans traveling for the Army-Navy football game found their hotel reservations canceled due to an influx of immigrants.

One travel agent said at least 70 of his reservations were canceled in Foxborough, Massachusetts, where the football game is being held. The cancellations are legal under Massachusetts's right-to-shelter law, which has allowed hundreds of families to be put up in hotels — most of them immigrants.

The U.S. Military Academy will take on the U.S. Naval Academy on Dec. 9 at Gillette Stadium. The game usually draws fans, many of them servicemen, servicewomen, and veterans, from across the country. However, due to the cancellations and the state's right-to-shelter law, many who wish to attend the game are facing extreme difficulty finding a place to stay or have to skip the game altogether.

Ernst, an Army veteran and member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, is blaming President Joe Biden and the crisis at the southern border for these cancellations during a time when tens of thousands of Army and Navy veterans are expected to arrive in the greater Boston area.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate/joni-ernst-blasts-biden-border-policies-army-navy-football-cancellations
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 02:37:28 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If there is one thing sure to piss off the members of congress enough to take action on illegal immigration its interfering with football. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson